The vast differences in Sport Touring Riders (Poll)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is your age range?

• 20-29

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • 30-39

Votes: 12 5.8%
  • 40-49

Votes: 51 24.8%
  • 50-59

Votes: 87 42.2%
  • 60-69

Votes: 46 22.3%
  • 70+

Votes: 9 4.4%

• Total voters
What does age and occupation have to do with it? Just ride the dam thing and forget about all the hog wash
angry03.gif

Hi, my name is Will and I'm a curvaholic.

I can't really commute on a MC (nor want to). Real LD riding or riding on an interstate does nothing for me. I love taking trips so I can meet new friends (and old) and ride twisties in another part of the country and that is why I bought the FJR. If I could describe myself it would be a LD twisty rider, slightly introverted, likes functionality with a little style, and 48.

I like the voting categories myself, but it sounds like we have alot more engineers on board than we realize. Little too much fuss over the voting options it appears. It's for fun, people, not like taking a final exam for a grade
bleh.gif
!

My 2 cents addedI guess a simple cockpit disqualifies me from an LD rider - All is well !
Not necessarily.

I rode across the country and back with the stock seat, a Zumo and a Crampbuster. It was all I needed (I wasn't very experienced with the Zumo and I rarely used the Crampbuster so, I guess, it was more than I needed)

I guess I'm pretty average for this group and fall into the largest percentage for every answer. I don't know if I should be alarmed by that fact.

Jack of all trades

conventional

50% practical

50 - 59 year old

No wonder I spend too much time in this place. I finally found a place I fit in.
fool.gif

If there was a button on the GPS for "Get Lost!" I probably would use it way more than the "Get Home!" button. Like who wants to come home?, more like you have to come home (well maybe not for some retirees here).

I seek out complicated, bumpy, tricky, curvy roads to ride as fast as it is possible without getting a ticket or crashing.

If I have to slab 1000 mile to do so then so be it.

Hi, I am 43 years old, and i too, am a curvaholic.

I Love long curvy roads and the FJR far exceeds my every expectation in that respect(and on the long straight desolate roads...).

I am a fair weather commuter My limits are "ice possible" weather, salty gunky roads(today), and/or if it is raining more than a light drizzle when i have to go to work..i dont care if its gonna rain on the way home.

I have done no LD, although would love to work my way up to it. Most of my pleasure rides have been around 150-250 miles...It's not that I don't want to go further... time just never seems to allow for it. I want to see places, and I want my FJR to take me to them.

I would never call myself an engineer, but i tend to think in the direction labelled as such in this survey, mixed in with a bunch of the extrovert bits, and a whole lot of "regular dude"

I like my bike to look nice, but it should do so on its own merits...as I don't wash them a lot...i ride them when i have that kind of time and weather available.

I don't feel I fit in the any of the "best describes you" categories.
Nope, but that's hard to lay out. My back (degenerative disk disease) won't stand the 1000 mile days anymore, and though I've done a few, it was just to get somewhere tonight. I've done 1500 miles in 36 hours on the FJR, and my back was not happy, But I got home when I wanted to be there
wink.png
Nonetheless, I chose "50% LD" because that's where most of my miles come from. I do love a crooked road, but when I'm away from home and loaded, I'm pretty conservative. Close to home -- not so conservative. And close to home for more spirited riding I tend to ride my ZRX. it's not as refined and tends to be a little angrier
smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Bad back or not, you still did some monster miles this past October during the Hooterville run...
I think I did 535 on Sunday, and that was about 75 miles of Interstate just getting to you for the ride and back home. That was a great ride. Looking forward to next year .... if you'll let me ride with you again
smile.png

I marked Jack-of-all but I have to admit I have never commuted on my FJR, since I bought it 1 year after I retired, and my commuting consists of going from the bedroom to the coffee pot.

Well, that was a fun vote/poll. Of course, if the same questions were asked when I first had the bike, then again a couple of years later, all answers would be different. Our ownership evolves ... least mine did.