Thoughts on NAFO

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRChick

Reaction score
As I nurse a TINY hangover (thank you God for late check out) ... I decided to share a few random thoughts. I hope others will to.

FJR owners rock! There is no way I could afford this kind of hangover on my own.

Turbodave is a player. He has a great pick up line - I've been looking for you all night (and then he walks away leaving you baffled) :)

I'll add more later.

DougC knows all about what happens when you leave your camera unattended, but he does it continuously :lol:

NAFO was a blast just bummed I had to leave early although i am glad i missed the inevitable hang over that I would have had this AM.....

R

When necessary, the FJR has magical healing powers and can be used as a shiatsu table, with apparently great results! It also serves as the backdrop to the "Girls of NAFO" pinup for the month of July... ;-)

Never leave your camera unattended.
Truer advice has not been uttered.

Which not uncoincidentally is a reason that two or three people could get the event asked to not return to the venue. The corner of the bar isn't a great place to take self-portraits we learned.......watching a hotel chef chew out FJR pilots isn't as funny as one would think it is.

This purely speculative on my part though...as I stopped taking self portraits sometime ago after I realized mine wasn't any better than Warchild's.....and now prefer to take cameras to bathrooms and take portraits of porcelin fixtures with freshwater trout or kids flunking swimming lessons. ;)

y'all don't even wanna know what's on my camera. last time i trust bearly flying to guard my stuff!

And on a sidenote.....y'all....there's a significant difference between FJRChick and FJRChik without a C. Being online it's hard to tell, but I and dozens of others can testify to differences after NAFO. ....which is now starting to sound a bit bad.

We don't love either of them less......nope...that's not helping.

We love them both equally......ooops...that's even worse. Ignore that.

Ummm, if you get a chance to spend time with them both in a room together........STOP......this isn't working.

What did I mean to say? I dunno. Just meet both and you'll be entertained and amazed for hours. If Gunny comes around I'm sure he'll say it better.....or worse. ;)

Funny stuff Iggy! :lol:

We were so excited to meet each other and there is now a connection there that will last a long time. I just got off the phone with her. FJRChick is coming to Fort Worth hopefully on Wednesday to hang out with me! She's headed to Austin for the weekend and I may tag along. So the fun and frivolity continues!

At least we don't have to take our cameras and phones to the bathroom anymore!! :rolleyes:

FJRChick (left) and fjrchik (right)

2chicks.jpg

be careful there chik or the boys will start calling us gay. Now that I see what I looked like right off the bike, I understand TWN's comment better. I guess I can shine up nicely. or is it I'm really dull after days if riding hard?

Last edited by a moderator:
... Just meet both and you'll be entertained and amazed for hours.
Ya got that straight Iggy.

(Note to self, MUST bring Hennessy Cognac and a box of quality cigars to NAFO II!)

T'was a great pleasure meeting you FJRChick (you too fjrchik.)

FJRChick, I hope the rest of your ride is as amazing as the portion you have completed. I am seriously jealous!

(Note to self, MUST bring Hennessy Cognac and a box of quality cigars to NAFO II next year!)
You'll be sipping and smoking alone, since NAFO II won't be till 2010... :rolleyes: