throttle control device

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nubfjr

Reaction score
anyone ever try one of these? make any difference in throttle control? its about 60 bucks from Sportbikeeffects.com

40-400.jpg

anyone ever try one of these? make any difference in throttle control? its about 60 bucks from Sportbikeeffects.com
40-400.jpg
i have one installed, and thought it made a difference until i did some serious mountain carving last weekend, where subtle adjustments in the throttle meant the fjr was bucking and unsettling the suspension mid-turn. buddy of mine who took it for a ride said there was too much play in the throttle, adjusted the cable, but that didn't do it, either.

my next step shall be trying to do the spring mod.

Helped but didn't completely solve the problem with my '07. Will be doing the throttle spring unwind mod tomorrow.

Works great for me when done with the spring unwind! Solved a lot of jerking coming out of turns.

I just installed my G2 "Throttle Tamer" and haven't had a chance to test it yet, but I figure, it can't hurt. Besides, it only cost $60-$70 bucks and I can always swap back to stock if I want.

Question - Why are the OEM grips on my '06 about 1/2" longer than any aftermarket grips I find? I bought a replacement set (since I cut the originals off) only to find out the are too short! What grips are all you guys using?

Along with the spring mod it seemed to totally get rid of the harsh off to on throttle transition. Really smoothed things out & gives much better small throttle setting control. It does make it feel like you lose some bottom end, but you just need to twist farther. Makes cornering and riding two up much easier.