Thunder with the boys from down under!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fabulous photos, Nik.

Um.... could you PM me contact info for your friends ?
Ha, ha: Mary Ellen is the Winner! When I saw that photo of the young and handsome Aussie lads, I said to myself: "It is going to be a full on dead heat race between barb, Tyler and MEM as to is going to be first to pounce on these hunky OZ lads!" Silver Penguin, Hello Kitty, Heidi and Kasey probably aren't that far behind MEM!!!

Nik, your Ride Reports and Photos are absolutely amazing! I mean truly some of the best work I have seen on our FJR Forum, and there are some great reports here!
:yahoo: So .... what's my PRIZE?! and where do I pick him it up?! :rolleyes:

yeah ditto. That certainly isn't a $200 point & shoot. I'm guessing a D90 or better. And you clearly know how to use it.

I think I'm suffering from DSLR envy. What is it, if you don't mind sharing? And how'd you mount it for cockpit shots (take it easy MEM) so smoothly?

beautiful pics Nik - great job on the ride report

Nik, your Ride Reports and Photos are absolutely amazing! I mean truly some of the best work I have seen on our FJR Forum, and there are some great reports here!

Ha, ha: Mary Ellen is the Winner! When I saw that photo of the young and handsome Aussie lads, I said to myself: "It's going to be a full on dead heat race between barb, Tyler and MEM as to who's going to be first to pounce on these hunky OZ lads!" Silver Penguin, Hello Kitty, Heidi and Kasey probably aren't that far behind MEM!
Well of course the pics of the handsome Aussie lads got my attention..but sadly, I have kids that are older than they are. <_<

I can dream tho', cant I?

Kasey

Thanks all, for your kind words. I'm glad ya'll liked the pics.

Great pictures and story Nik. If I ever get to your part of the world I'm expecting you to take me on a tour.
Thanks flyball. Sure thing! For sure you'll love the roads. Plus, its a great place to be on a bike -> lane splitting is not only legal, but expected and its a way of life. So motorcyclists don't ever get caught in queues or traffic jams. :yahoo:

Holy shit, nik!! Remarkable shots and edits! I love them!Please, keep doing what you do.

I do have one particular question, though.

In the pic is Naim - He's 50 but riding keeps him young!
What the HELL is that supposed to mean?! You gotta remember that this forum is geezer central. :lol:

Beemerdons & MadMike are gonna be hurt by this.
Thanks Old Michael. Uhm... ok ok - my apologies. I hope Beemerdons and MadMike don't take it too hard. :)

Fabulous photos, Nik.

Thanks MEM. Uh... you're kidding, right? :)

yeah ditto. That certainly isn't a $200 point & shoot. I'm guessing a D90 or better. And you clearly know how to use it.
I think I'm suffering from DSLR envy. What is it, if you don't mind sharing? And how'd you mount it for cockpit shots (take it easy MEM) so smoothly?

beautiful pics Nik - great job on the ride report

Thanks Leskid. I used a Canon 5D. It's actually mounted onto the fuel tank and I get great stills and video with it. You can view it in another thread where I was answering questions from Good2go on this. The link => https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?s...st&p=708158.

Ok - I've finally gotten round to sorting and uploading the video. Here's the close call with the car that almost got me killed.

EDIT: Just to fill in some gaps here, since I do the photography and filming for most of the rides, I try to get everyone on camera. So sometimes, I ride up to the front and then let the riders pass me - and I normally do this when there is an overtaking lane. The car that came at me was trying to overtake a bike over a double line and came across into my lane. In taking evasive action, I stood the bike up and before I knew it, wound up in the left most lane. Had this been only one lane on my side, I would have been off the road to the left, and probably on the ground.

Every time I replay this, I feel I'm very lucky to have not got hurt.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nik, you think that Mary Ellen is kidding? Brother, you don't know these Canadian women! I've not seen barb, or Tyler, on our FJR Forum since you posted up your photos of these good looking young Australian riders. I've no doubt that Tyler and barb are on a jet touching down at the Kuala Lumpur Airport as we speak!!!

Fabulous photos, Nik.

... thanks flyball...9008 miles so ......about 10 days on the Feej.
Save your tires, MEM. Arizona's got similar specimens. :blink:

Ok - I've finally gotten round to sorting and uploading the video. Here's the close call with the car that almost got me killed.
Holy crap! That was too close. Good job of not freaking out and staying in control.
Amen!
Brother Mick, thanks for finding my missing eyeglasses! For the life of me, I couldn't remember where I last set those down at. An old folks thing, just ask Mad Mike II!

Save your tires, MEM. Arizona's got similar specimens. :blink:
OM - you...are...just ...too ...CUTE FOR WORDS! One question: why is beemerdons changing his tune NOW?!

Fabulous photos, Nik.

Nikky, darling - why would I be kidding ? Um... if you're discriminating on the basis of old age, I think you should know....that's illegal in this part of the world :p

That's right...around here they MAKE you have sex with old ladies...it's the LAW! :angry:
Dang government! :lol:
Who said anything about SEX?! Perhaps I just want some workout pointers. Did you notice those deltoids ? :weight_lift:

btw, Mister Wheaton .... you should be so lucky ;)

Nik, you think that Mary Ellen is kidding? Brother, you don't know these Canadian women! I've not seen barb, or Tyler, on our FJR Forum since you posted up your photos of these good looking young Australian riders. I've no doubt that Tyler and barb are on a jet touching down at the Kuala Lumpur Airport as we speak!!!

Fabulous photos, Nik.

======

I think MEM thought NIK was talking about her.... :p :lol: :lol: ..... then she saw the OZ hunks .................

B.....

Latest posts