Tire Age - Bridgestone Recent Rebate Offer

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bababang

Reaction score
I purchased a set of tires from a popular website that had some excellent price tags on the Bridgestone tires. These have a $50 visa mail in rebate offer for July. The tires are dated as follow:

Bridgestone T30 GT's

Front = 4914 (49week of 2014)

Rear = 3313 (33 week of 2013)

So how old is too old?? I've read there is much debate on this. Perhaps this has already been discussed on this forum but didn't find anything on a general search.

Interested to know what riders think.

I don't worry about it unless they are over 5 years old. A lot of it depends on how they have been stored.

The PR2 that arrived here yesterday has Date Code: 1314

Not something that would concern me at all.

Similar dating to the ones I bought a couple of months ago from Jake Wilson!
mda.gif

Rear PR2 that was delivered yesterday has date code of 1210. Slightly over 5 years but since it's the rear tire I'm still going to use it. Front tire date code of 1314.

1210 is getting a little older than I would prefer. I would contact the supplier and at least try to negotiate a partial refund or credit on the next purchase - 5 years probably exceeds a reasonable "use before" timeframe.

That said, I would rather use a 5 year old tire that had been stored properly (cool, dark, dry) than a 1 year old tire stored improperly.

I purchased a set of tires from a popular website that had some excellent price tags on the Bridgestone tires. These have a $50 visa mail in rebate offer for July. The tires are dated as follow:
Bridgestone T30 GT's

Front = 4914 (49week of 2014)

Rear = 3313 (33 week of 2013)

So how old is too old?? I've read there is much debate on this. Perhaps this has already been discussed on this forum but didn't find anything on a general search.

Interested to know what riders think.
That's the same date range of the ones I got. As others said, I'm not at all concerned. I'll use them up before next spring anyway.

Does that mean the T30's aren't selling very well?

Just got a set of Pilot Road 4 GT's this week. Born on date feb and june 2015. One of the reasons I went with the Road 4's instead of the Road 2's. I don't go thru them like you guys.

Same here on a set of T30 I just received from probably the same place as the OP. Good price, free shipping, two day delivery.

Mine are both dated the same way. One is two years old, the other about 18 months. I don't worry too much about them being a few years old. Once they go on the bike, they're down to their last couple of months.

Same here on a set of T30 I just received from probably the same place as the OP. Good price, free shipping, two day delivery. Mine are both dated the same way. One is two years old, the other about 18 months. I don't worry too much about them being a few years old. Once they go on the bike, they're down to their last couple of months.
I bought a set from Amazon before the rebate, and the rear was late '14. Once the rebate was announced and someone here mentioned I'd spent too much
fool.gif
I bought another set from Chaparral for $40 less (thanks), and the rear was mid '13. I told a friend they may not be rotating their stock like they should, and he suggested they may have bought some old stock from a business that'd gone under.

Thanks to everyone, I mounted the tires today and added just over 100 miles. They ride very well through the NC twists.

Feeling good about the tires and the deal that Bridgestone has going right now, so much, I ordered another set.
punk.gif