Tire Changing with the MojoLever

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good idea on the bolt post.... a little technique that might also help is keeping the no-scuff or mojolever at a bit steeper angle. I find the HF changer a bit tall for that and it would help if it was shorter by a few inches. The No-Mar and Cycle Hill changers are lower..... meanwhile, in the past I wasn't a fan of the No-Mar bar for installs, but after watching a couple of successful installs with it, I think I'll try it again......
Definitely keep the Mojo at a steeper angle than say, a NoMar lever. I too keep thinking about shortening my HF up about 6" so us normal height folks can get over the motorcycle adapter / tire easier. But then it would be too short for doing all my CTs.

--G

I too keep thinking about shortening my HF up about 6" so us normal height folks can get over the motorcycle adapter / tire easier. But then it would be too short for doing all my CTs.
--G
Or to short for our favorite tool, Panman.
tonguesmiley.gif
lol.gif

The HF w/motorcycle adapter is the perfect height for our favorite tool...w/o the adapter we're in trouble!

--G

I finally got around to adding George's Bolt to the end of my Mojolever. Now I just need a tire to try it out on.

George's Bolt ??
I need a new bolt to go on mine, damn Bridgestone broke mine.
George's Bolt - see post #11 this thread, picture below

MojoPhoto_zpsc8d6eca6.jpg

As to the bolt that holds the Nylon Tire Remover piece in place.

I purchased two Grade 8 3/8'-16TPI 3 1/2 inch socket head cap screw replacements at Fastenall today for $3.75.

My original was bent somewhere in the past.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^^ The HF changer/Mojo lever still works like a charm!

Last weekend the Tenere got new Heidenau's w/o using our favorite tool.
coolsmiley02.gif

~G

^^^^ The HF changer/Mojo lever still works like a charm!
Last weekend the Tenere got new Heidenau's w/o using our favorite tool.
coolsmiley02.gif

~G
Well mine got new Heidenau's yesterday and you helped me try my newly acquired used No Mar.

Thanks Marcus for the good deal!