Tire pressure gauges

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would vote against built-in TPMS...... lessons from Kawi and BMW, sensors expensive and last only a couple of years. Better aftermarket options have sensors with replaceable batteries (e.g., Garmin, FOBO, Hawkshead) and not tied into your ECU.
I find it hard to believe that we have companies who think that products that use batteries shouldn't have replaceable batteries and products that use computer memory don't have some type of card slot.

I would vote against built-in TPMS...... lessons from Kawi and BMW, sensors expensive and last only a couple of years. Better aftermarket options have sensors with replaceable batteries (e.g., Garmin, FOBO, Hawkshead) and not tied into your ECU.
I find it hard to believe that we have companies who think that products that use batteries shouldn't have replaceable batteries and products that use computer memory don't have some type of card slot.
Similar to companies that require you to take a vehicle to a dealer for even the most basic services..

Obsess much? Just wondering how many check their auto/pickup tires as compulsively as is described here. Geez....
Check mine weekly on my truck. Same with the bike if it's being ridden daily. If not riding daily I'll check the bike before a ride.

Obsess much? Just wondering how many check their auto/pickup tires as compulsively as is described here. Geez....
Built in tire pressure monitors. Came with the Ridgeline. Wife's car was the one that needed them checked often. Can't recall how many times I have come home and noticed a tire on her car that was low. Now the sequoia that she has has the TPMS built in. They are sensitive enough.

Bikes will have a version of them built in by 2020 is my guess.
Recently had a bad sensor on the cage. That coupled with adding Garmin's TPMS on the bikes had me researching some. I had no idea these systems were made mandatory. Wouldn't be surprised if they became so on motorcycles someday also.

Of course it's pricey, look at the brand name -- BMW. It's like Harley, 75% of the price is the name, the balance is the cost of the item. Note that this gauge is a bourdon tube type gauge and needs as much rubber housing as possible because it has a 'glass jaw', dropping it will knock it out of calibration.

41Gk6E4JYAL.jpg

Not true sir. My Harley Davidson battery tender I just bought was the same price as a battery tender jr.
biggrin.png

Believe me, I too was surprised.

I got it at the recommendation of a long time professional mechanic. It sure beats the other crap I used before. Sometimes you get what you pay for.
smile.png