To repair or not ? -- UPDATE

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Per Mr BUG

"Soooo, like do you ever ride in the rain anymore Rog? Just line your socks with Wonder Bread bags if it's moist out there.
Spend the 100 clams and be happy
smile.png
"
tonguesmiley.gif
--------- and Deb
kiss.gif

LOL

Yeah, I followed Tony's thread when it started. Looks like I even asked for an update, which we never got.

Mailed mine off to Alpinestars this morning.

$100 for new soles with a one year guarantee. I'm good with that.

Third of the price of the NEW Alpinestars I would have replaced them with. The new ones were $299.95 on every website I looked at.

Alpinestars

Compacc

Amazon

CycleGear

RevZilla --- all $299.95 (Now I know someone will find a pair for $50
rolleyes.gif
)

Thanks for all the replies guys -- even the "quit draggin' yer feet" ones
smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't that the company that offers free shipping for purchases over fifty bucks?

But seriously, I want Tony to come in and tell us how that homegrown repair job Big Ogre linked to has held up for the last three years.

A little late but:

And DO NOT laugh, the soles outlasted the boots.

What do you have to loose ?… Your soul ?
rolleyes.gif

The soles gave me two more years riding until the boots gave out. But be warned, your footing will have amazing grip on the road when

you put your feet down… no dragging your feet with this repair.

There's a guy who will resole some of the Sidi boots, and I've also seen sources for the special soles so that you can buy them and have your own shoe repair guy do the job.

I think that for these expensive boots, it's worth resoling them.

In the case of my Sidi Vertigo Corsa Airs, they're not even available any more ... And I am NOT a fan of the Vortice, which replaced them in the Sidi line up.

In the case of the Sidi Gore Tex Megas, I bought a replacement pair, and the quality had diminished in the 10 years since I'd bought the first pair, so I sent them back and will go through the resoling activity when it's time.

A pair of good boots is like an old friend. And helping the shoe repair guys who make their living by resoling high dollar boots is a worthwhile effort. It's nice to have these guys around, and they won't be if there's no work.