Top ten reasons the Tour de France uses Sports Tourers

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fjrsochs

Reaction score
.....and not Harleys.

10. The beer might get confused with the bottle water (and HOGS don't run on water.)

9. Nobody would be able to hear the pilot or cameras via headset

8. The driver would stop to polish his pipes too often for the camera to get good footage.

7. Too much vibration for Sony's image stabilization

6. The driver has never had numbers on his jersey, HOGs are allergic to anything resembling track day.

Ok, just kidding! Don't hate.

Just noticed an FJR among the camera bikes for Tour de France, along with a BMW and a Honda.

Isn't it sad that as these body breaking riders yearn for the finish line, I'm more interested in the motorbikes around them!

I hadnt noticed the Honda yet but I did see several FJRs a yellow Kaw. and several versions of BMWs.. I also watch for the motorbikes and the crashes on the bikes. Anyone else see more types of bikes than these?

The French Police bikes are FJRs. Most are dark blue, but not the same dark blue that we have for either GEN. The official Tour de France bikes are Kawasaki Concours in various different colors. The solid yellow one is usually used to carry a chalkboard with time updates between the peloton and the breakaway riders. The passenger on this bike holds the chalkboard and is usually a very, very attractive young lady in a yellow outfit.

Your joke writer needs to brush up a bit. These were weak. :)

...and how is this "FJR Specific"?

Last edited by a moderator:
5. Reflection off chrome would ruin video

4. Has to handle well enough to follow bicycles through the mountains

3. Bike has to be narrow enough to fit between spectators

2. Can't have oil leaks on road causing bicyclists to slip down.

1. With all those guys in spandex shorts you gotta have something manly in the video.

Wasn't my idea and I am not into Harley bashing. Did the best I could with what was left for me.

Dayum...You have a day job right??

I know, I know. Everyone's an 'effin critic. Good try.

They will cause rolling roadblocks in the corners.

They'll need a chase car ... with tools.

They need motorcycles that you can survive on for over 200km that handle and can provide reasonable comfort for two up, without polluting the riders with noise and exhaust. The sport touring set rules in Europe, you rarely see a cruiser there. Remembering back to '02 when they first arrived in North America, Yamaha wasn't even sure they would sell here, and had a PDP program. $500 down to get one. Those were the waiting days. Seems like yesterday.