Tourmaster pants

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n1acguy

Reaction score
What pants are intended to go with the Intake jacket? Nobody around here seems to stock Tourmaster. I already have the jacket.

Check the Tourmaster website, to mix and match.

I have their Caliber textile pants. Nice for 3 seasons, a little cold for winter even in SoCal. So far, I like them, great ventilation for a non-mesh pant.

Last edited by a moderator:
I run the Air Caliber Mesh pants. Its an exact match for the Intake jacket. Same liners, same textiles, everything. I've ridden both down the minus 'fa alls and close to 95F and been perfectly comfortable. Then again, I'm a frostback, cold I can deal with but, anything above 75F feels damn hot to me!

I run the Venture Air Pants with the Intake Series 2 jacket and find it to be the ideal compliment to the jacket. The liners and configuration of the pants are as if they were primarily intended to go with the jacket. When they're worn together it looks like a full suit nearly and connecting the zippers in the back is a nice added touch too. If you can't find Tourmaster locally (much as I can't either), there are many retailers online which carry them.

Venture Air for me. All of the Tour Master (and Cortech) stuff is similarly configured, with waterproof and cold-weather liners and compatible zippers already in place. And the zippers come with the part to have sewn onto another brand jacket or pants so make it work with theirs.

It sure would be nice if the various manufacturers would get together and standardize on one type/length of zipper for the jacket/pant interface!

Too much to hope for I guess... :(

Don

It sure would be nice if the various manufacturers would get together and standardize on one type/length of zipper for the jacket/pant interface!

Don
My RevIt jacket zips right on my Olympia pants. I always thought those zippers were standardized. Maybe I'm wrong. <_<

Don
I'd settle for standardized sizing . I have a Fieldsheer Bullet jacket (very nice), size Large, that is cut too small to even get zipped up. I have a Joe Rocket, size X-Large,

Mesh that hangs on me like an over sized burlap bag. I have a Cortech, size Large, that fits perfectly.

I had to return the Joe Rocket size 38 overpants because the waist was too small to get closed, even without clothes underneath, and my regular waist size is a 36.

I use the GX Air jacket and Venture Air pants. Oddly, the jacket sizes run large and the pants run small. :blink:

I run the Air Caliber Mesh pants. Its an exact match for the Intake jacket. Same liners, same textiles, everything. I've ridden both down the minus 'fa alls and close to 95F and been perfectly comfortable. Then again, I'm a frostback, cold I can deal with but, anything above 75F feels damn hot to me!
Thanks, I like the idea of the removeable liners.

Thanks to all that responded. Looks like the Venture Air is the best match currently made.
The Venture Air is good; but so is the Tourmaster Transition. My wife and I both have them and they are really good 3 season pants. Usually www.newenough.com has good prices and their service can't be beat.

I use the GX Air jacket and Venture Air pants. Oddly, the jacket sizes run large and the pants run small. :blink:
Funny, I find the jackets run small. Tried on an XL today, and it was tight. They didn't have any pants in stock, so I'm ordering those based on the chart on the TM site. Hopefully I won't have to exchange them.

Mike

n1, not sure if you got the answer you were looking for. I have a Tourmaster mesh. The zipper in the back of the jacket fits the zipper on the back of my Fieldsheer pants. My guess is that TM jackets would fit with FS pants in general.