Triumph's anyone?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I were going in that direction, I would have to go with the 2013 Honda CB1100. Very, very tasty.

https://motorcycles.about.com/od/honda/ss/2013-Honda-CB1100-Review-Honda-Brings-Back-a-Classic.htm

CB1100.jpg

I rode 750 Honda Supersports "back in the day" and I recently tried out a recent Bonneville T100 .... OMG, slow, anemic, awkward, .... reminded me why I like my FJR so much ...

The CB1100 looks good until you see its specs ...and why did they mess with the tank design, the original is STILL one of the prettiest tanks ever

I like old Triumph's as that was what I was raised on and like the look of the new Thruxton.

But would rather put my spare change into my old Trident if I'm going to ride something old and uncomfortable it might as well be old!

This was taken on a 180 mile day on the old girl and she made me feel like an old man, a happy old man. But riding that old thing is like riding a 2 X 6, not really made for a guy my size. I have to use the rear pegs to make it tolerable so I'm either going to make some rear-set's or purchase a set.

I don't think I would purchase anything retro as they are made for going to the local store down the street and that a lot of change for a six pack getter.

DSCN4660.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Triumph Bonnies are a nice retro bike , bit of a girls bike IMO .Triumph make good bikes but I am not going to a retro bike . FJR is the bike for me as I prefer a to ride not to stop for coffee ,photos, every 50-100 miles , some of my friends seem to need to stop a lot to also empty their " tank" as well . I must say I have no problems with them as I have a few friends with them and they can travel at the speed limit with no problems, corner well at legal speeds and suit the riders for what they want . Turn the speed up and they are left behind . On a group ride on my Vstrom 650 ( with Elka rear shock ) I had the chance to go for a bit of hard charging with a Bonnie which was well ridden ,the Vstrom can absolutely beat a Bonnie no problems so I have no worries about an FJR going better . Triumph 1050 speed triple or a 675 Daytona are more for the fast chargers . It great there are so many different bikes to choose from.