Trouble with Admore Lighting on Givi 47

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigjohnsd

2021 BMW R1250GSA
Reaction score
I moved my Givi 47 top box to my Wee-Strom after procuring and installing the requisite circuitry from Admore. The Lights work fine on the V-strom.

However, the lights no longer work when I put the top box back onto the FJR and plug in the 5 pin quick connect.

I used my test light and probed the inputs to the Admore harness and have good inputs from Tail Lights, Brake Lights and Turn Signals.

Inside the Admore harness, between their FJR adapter and the 5 pin Quick Connector is some sort of a hard rectangular widget which may do some conversion of 12 volts to LED 5 volt.

Does anyone have any experience with the Admore product.

No issues at all with my full (lights, turn, stop) Admore system in the V46. It's been on/off the bike many times and works every time when reinstalled. Interesting though John, my system only has a three wire plug. Older version maybe...

The rectangular widget is the circuit board that controls operation of the lights. It's not damaged is it? Did you accidentally let the smoke out?

Good luck.

--G

I sent the same basic info to Admore, their website promises a reply the next business day. we shall see.

My connector plug failed and required replacing, no issues since then. It was the older kind.

My connector plug failed and required replacing, no issues since then. It was the older kind.
Original plug from Admore is very light duty. Mine failed pretty quickly too...I replaced it with one more suitable for the application.

John, any update? A broken or pushed pin might give you some odd behavior.

--G

I received an email with troubleshooting instructions. To do the trouble shooting I have to disconnect the Harness that ties into the bike from the harness that goes into the Top Box. This means I have to unsolder all the connections.

Tomorrows project.

Email instructions completed, the inline controller is apparently faulty. Despite it being out of warranty, Admore is taking care of it!😂. Tough to beat customer service like this!