Two Different Passenger Backrest Available

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OHFJR

Reaction score
We are now shipping our two different passenger backrest. See our thread below for more information and pictures of both units. Go to the bottom of the page to see the new backrests.

OHFJR Rack & Backrest

Very nice Duane, I really like the small rack/backrest & cortec bag combo.

Duane,

Does the backrest interfere with the 2" tall protector piece?

It doesn't appear to in the pics -- looks like the back rest must have threaded holes and the fasteners go through the through-holes inside the threaded holes for the 2" tall protector piece...

did I get it right?

Duane,
Does the backrest interfere with the 2" tall protector piece?

It doesn't appear to in the pics -- looks like the back rest must have threaded holes and the fasteners go through the through-holes inside the threaded holes for the 2" tall protector piece...

did I get it right?
The backrest does not interfere with the 2" high rack protector. There is plenty of room between them. However, you do have to put the backrest on first, then put the rack protector. Your assumption about the backrest mounting holes locations is correct.

I'm real happy with the new smaller OHFJR rack with my E250 universal adapter plate and the Givi V46 trunk. It came out really nice.
I have a complete photo gallery of it on line here if you want to see it.

https://www.pbase.com/fredharmon/giviv46
Fred, way cool light set up. Now if you could only add 2 more leds you'd have 3 per side and could wire your turn indicators so that they sequentially blinked from the center to the left or right. Like the '64 T-birds!