Two sister's ride from Austin this Saturday

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Texan

Rollie Reincarnated
Reaction score
Here's my proposal for a ride this Saturday. It's the two sisters ride.

2 sisters route

We'll stop in Sisterday at the winery in case you want to bring your wife home a bottle of Texas wine.

We'll lunch in Leakey.

We meet at the gas station in Dripping Springs at 8am. It's listed as the starting point on the route above. It's at the intersection of Hwy 12 and Hwy 290.

Here's my proposal for a ride this Saturday. It's the two sisters ride.
2 sisters route

We'll stop in Sisterday at the winery in case you want to bring your wife home a bottle of Texas wine.

We'll lunch in Leakey.

We meet at the gas station in Dripping Springs at 8am. It's listed as the starting point on the route above. It's at the intersection of Hwy 12 and Hwy 290.

If you lunch at the Broken Spoke, hope you have better luck than we did last Saturday. 45 min to get order (burger, fries, coke). They hosted 3 different groups, yet only had one cook and the regular staff. Not very good planning if'n ya ask me.

Hey Glen,

I am a maybe leaning towards yes. Just have to see if I can get the time free.

Just a thought...if we head up to Kerrville, we can take 16 to Medina and hit 337. Such a great stretch of road.

Davy

Hey Glen,

Just a thought...if we head up to Kerrville, we can take 16 to Medina and hit 337. Such a great stretch of road.

Davy
Great, I'm not sure I've been on that piece. I'm open to other suggestions. I have us coming home on the slab, but we can also backtrack through the farm roads on the way back as well.

Here's an updated route with your suggestion: Updated route

Hey Glen,

Davy
Drove 16 in a cage today from Bandera to Kerrville. I would give that road a 10 out 10. It was pretty awesome. Incredible switchbacks and uphill curves. very technical in spots. I will be back in May on the bike for sure.

I just PM's all the riders in Austin on the member map. (what a PITA to send messages singly - I gotta search if there is a way to send group messages).

Let's ride.

Glen,

Thanks for again organizing a ride. I will know tomorrow if I can go.

Myzen,

Yep, that road is one of my favorites in the hill country. A great site for roads in every state that I have used for years:

Motorcycle Roads

Regards,

Davy

If no one can go this weekend, I'll finish the breakin on my ZX14. We definately need to go on May 9th, as previously 6 people said they could go that day. We'll decide tomorrow.

If no one can go this weekend, I'll finish the breakin on my ZX14. We definately need to go on May 9th, as previously 6 people said they could go that day. We'll decide tomorrow.
I'm out on the 9th; got invited to a luau party that day... Where is my grass skirt? :blink:

Sorry Glen. I will not be able to make it either. Turns out I am headed to the Utah Canyonlands and Colorado to finish out the Western US trip with my dad. I leave monday or Tues, so this weekend will be maintenance <_<

The 9th I should be able to make, however.

Regards,

Davy

Sorry Glen. I will not be able to make it either. Turns out I am headed to the Utah Canyonlands and Colorado to finish out the Western US trip with my dad. I leave monday or Tues, so this weekend will be maintenance <_<
The 9th I should be able to make, however.

Regards,

Davy
Okay, guess I'll just ride the 14. Have more fun with your pa. And get a job, dude, so the rest of us won't be so jealous about all your riding time.