UCC Ride Record Broken

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dan is hardcore for sure. He had an impressive pace on the Dalton and being back in the US hopefully he can up the pace to buy himself some rest time.

I spoke with Dan this morning and he sounds good and a little ahead of the schedule.

Tony, if you want we plan on meeting Dan at the Port St. Lucie turnpike service plaza ( 9 miles south of FT Pierce ) and ride to Key West with him. Current schedule has him there around 11:30 PM tonight.

I spoke with Dan this morning and he sounds good and a little ahead of the schedule.
Tony, if you want we plan on meeting Dan at the Port St. Lucie turnpike service plaza ( 9 miles south of FT Pierce ) and ride to Key West with him. Current schedule has him there around 11:30 PM tonight.
Dog gone… couldn't fudge my way out of work for a day, or even get them to change my schedule to allow me to ride to Key West

with him. I will try and make the fuel stop in PSL though.

He made it through Nashville pretty well, I was sweating the delay and then I remembered that they were on Central time. I think his

timing looks great from here on out. Atlanta should be loosening up by the time he gets in there, otherwise North Georgia could be his last

rest before a long night. Temperatures will be better at night here in Florida. I know he said he was the opposite of me and did not care

for hot weather. Maybe a bag of Ice for his last 4 hours?

Time wise, I think he is still on pace to break the 80 hour record. I would be pleasantly surprised if he made PSL by 11:30 though.

If he did, the record will be his quite handily. His approach into Key West is perfectly timed. I think 4 hours is possible from PSL.

Time wise, I think he is still on pace to break the 80 hour record. I would be pleasantly surprised if he made PSL by 11:30 though.

If he did, the record will be his quite handily. His approach into Key West is perfectly timed. I think 4 hours is possible from PSL.
I thought John Ryan did it in 86.5 hours back in 2009 on a 2005 FJR. Is that the record or did someone else beat his time in 80 hours?

I thought John Ryan did it in 86.5 hours back in 2009 on a 2005 FJR. Is that the record or did someone else beat his time in 80 hours?
Will Barclay rode it in 80 hours in 2013 (Breaking John's record)

On an HD

Last edited by a moderator:
Spoke with Dan a little while ago. He said he got some rest in Illinois and should be fine for the run into KW. Timing looks good to beat 80 hrs.

Spoke with Dan a little while ago. He said he got some rest in Illinois and should be fine for the run into KW. Timing looks good to beat 80 hrs.
I saw he stopped at my favorite Rend Lake Rest Area. Great rest area if you take the loop down by the lake and sleep on the picnic

tables with overhead cover.

I am holding my breath as he takes on Atlanta. I am gonna try and meet up with him early in the morning at PSL.

Trouble is… I have to work.

He took the 285 bypass? must still be heavy traffic…

Dan is doing great.

He just changed the Florida turnpike stop to the Fort Drum service plaza in Okeechobee, FL. This is about 44 miles north of the Port St. Lucie service plaza.

Dan's arrival should be around 2:00 to 2:30 AM.

Dan is doing great.
He just changed the Florida turnpike stop to the Fort Drum service plaza in Okeechobee, FL. This is about 44 miles north of the Port St. Lucie service plaza.

Dan's arrival should be around 2:00 to 2:30 AM.
Now you're trying to make me late for work aren't you?
rolleyes.gif