Under seat stowage

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brody

Reaction score
I was looking through the poll/post about riding with bags on or off and I noticed quite a few keep their tire repair kit in a side case.

I keep my tire repair kit, air compressor, tools, spare fuses/bulbs, cleaning supplies, owners manual, zip ties/duct tape under the seat.

That way it's there bags on or off.

The weight is centered not likely to shift.

There is more space in the side cases for other stuff.

Single-malt scotch in a flask. Helps me forget all the things I should be carrying there if I want to be truly prepared.

Oh, and tire plug kit, standard-issue tool kit, a few extra wrenches. And an emergency $20 in case I need fuel and I'm in the backwoods & they don't accept cards & someone is playing that song from Deliverance on a banjo.

Up until last weekend, it was the tool kit, and Slime air compressor. I have to find a new home for the compressor, since I had a cruise control installed by the guru Smitty. The up side is since I can't put the compressor under the front seat anymore, there is actually a little more rooms for tools.

Right now there is nothing under the rear seat. Actually, I haven't had the back seat on my bike for close to a year and a half. I have a CL-100 bag bolted on the back of the bike, ala Bunkers tip on a poor mans smuggler. That will change if and or when I ditch the bag, and add a fuel cell this winter. Since i will have to have a frame fabricated for the fuel cell to sit on, I think I will make a cavity under the cell large enough for the compressor, or some other goodies.

In front, the cruise unit, modified wally tire pump, tire strings and in back, the tool kit, manual, + paper work. I have a Sargent seat and had to pull the storage cover off the bottom of the seat to make the front "stuff" fit.

Zip lock bag with a paper towel soaked in windex to wash my helmet windshield with and a micro fiber.

I think there's a tool kit back there also, Oh and the Power Commander is under the seat too.

Slime Compressor, original tool kit plus another small one of extra stuff unnder front. Under the back I keep a small first aid kit, ten inch cresent, cheap emergency blanket and a old t-shirt stuff under the tail.

My PC lll is under the tool tray with the ECU and ABS box.

Tools, and tire repair kit.

Which leads to a question.......I bought a kit with CO2 cartridges, does it get too hot under there for them? I put it as far back as possible, and used the front for tools.

Tools, tire kit, Registration. It should be noted that there is significantly less room under the seat of Gen I's when compared to Gen II's. Not trying to start a debate, just owned both & noticed the difference.

I keep the ice maker, various mixers, and olives under the seat.

You never know when they'll come in handy.

My intercom and Blue Sea power strip is under the front, along w/ the stock Yammy toolkit. I have a battery minder mounted under the rear. Air compressor and assorted stuff rides the left bag and tools are in the tankbag.

-Greg-

Toolkit, Tire kit, small first aid kit and an extra large heavy duty bungie net in the tail section. I'm pretty sure I'm going to move the slime compressor under there too. Just haven't gone around to it

Stock tool kit, owners manual, Georgia map, roadside assistance card and a $20 bill. I guess I should get some kind of fix a flat for emergency use only.

Hey Brody; I do the same thing. All tools under the seat. The Slime® tire pump is the key. I also use the ziplock bag but I keep a terry cloth soaked and rung out with soapy water.

I also keep some electrical tape and side-cuts in case I need to do any wiring fixes.

Last edited by a moderator: