Update Delivery Poll for new 06's

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

When did your new bike come in?

• March 16-31

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • April 1-15

• April 16-30

• May 1-15

• May 16-31

• June 1-15

• June 16-30

• July 1-15

• July 16-31

• Aug 1-15

• Total voters
Hi All,
Picked up my '06 this morning from Apex Sports in Colorado Springs, CO.  :)

VIN# 880  :)

Only got to ride a little (still less than 100 miles), butt...it sure is going to be FUN!!!!
Uncle Bud,

Congrats on the new ride! BTW have I told you latley, YOU SUCK :D

Sorry, just the waiter in me coming out. I'll see you in Hyder where we can compare our blue bikes ;)
'Aw Rick.... someday your (rocket) ship will come in.... :)

I won't get to ride mine until I get back from Mexico (riding about 200 miles south of Puerto Vallarta on my V-Strom).

I hadn't planned on riding the FJR to Hyder 'cause I don't have any Farkles on it (yet). I am planning on riding my GL1800 again. This time I am doing a Four-Corners Tour on the way to Hyder... <BFG>... :)

See 'ya up there!!!

Ride Safe!!!!!

Picked up mine (358 or 385, can't remember) on 4/6 ordered on 4/1. Upstate New York dealer extra. Yeah, I was lucky.

Got my call today from D&H. I fly down there for pickup on May 17th :yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:
I can stop beating myself in the head with the hammer, :headbonk: its here, I sat on it, I rode it, I popped a wheelie in the parking lot. SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: Oh nuts somethings wrong with my face. :D :D :D :D :D :D Ordered Nov. 3 delivered May 3. Six months even. B) I got number 75 on the poll,

Picked up # 007 on April 28, Ordered it Oct 28.

Is there any relationship between the order date, number and delivery date.

Or was it just fate?

Picked mine up 05/05/2006 I'm in Torrance. I did not order mine, I just called the dealer and was told that three were to arrive in a few days and one was available :)

Placed my order on October 5, 2005. Was told March delivery.

Mine - #000192 - arrived at the dealer, "Corpus Christi Cycle Plaza", on April 17, 2006, and I took delivery on April 18, 2006 despite the unit being crate damaged.

Bags were shipped via UPS separate from bike, but still arrived on the same day as the bike.

Crate damage was apparently done by Yamaha when the unit was crated up. Dealer called Yamaha rep when the box was pulled off and the rep drove down immediately and made that determination. Yamaha would pick up the tab for all the damaged pieces.

Parts damaged:

Left Fairing Lower

Right Fairing Lower

Left Engine Stator Cover

Glove Box Lid

Left Handlebar Switch Assembly

Oil Filter

Replacement parts all arrived at dealer by May 5, 2006 and are as of this date (May 7, 2006) sitting in my garage awaiting for me to install them. I wanted to do the re-fit myself, though the dealer would have naturally done it, no charge. I'm just kind of a fanatic about doing my own work, and since I have known the dealer forever, and he is a good friend, he doesn't have any problem with me doing it.

I purchased the extra 4 years of the YES plan, too.

And I am the dummy who voted for March 16-31 when I meant to vote for April 16-30, so please disregard that vote and add mine to the last two weeks in April.

Sorry!

Thanks!

Dallara

My wife and I picked mine up 5/3. The dealer gave it to me with the gauge blinking empty tank and refused to give me any more gas. She said I excercised great restraint, but nothing would have made my unhappy that day.

I did not know what to expect from the bike having never sat on one and the last and largest for me was a 500cc XT. I was pleasantly suprised at the handling and that it does not feel like a 600 lb bike.

I am SOOO glad I took the MSF course about a month ago. Learning how and where to look has made all the difference for me on this bike.

I thought I might remove the sadlebags, but I use them every time I ride so they stay and I love them. I installed Comagination headlight modulators and have them on all the time. I believe they make a significant difference in being seen. I also installed the Comagination brake light flasher with a Signal Dynamics LED license bracket. The combination disappointingly did not work so I have ordered Signal Dynamics Back Off modulator and hope that will. The torque out of the hole is phenomenal! I dare not crank open it in first or it will dump me. It is indeed a spirited ride. I keep looking for 6th gear, shifts are not as smooth as advertised, it's noisy at highway speeds, but my FJR is all I hoped it would be!

Delivery with empty tank? How cheap and stupid to slap your customer that way.

Mine had a FULL TANK of gas from D&H. The bike was spotless and shining. They installed sliders and grips for free. They picked me up at the airport and several other generous favors. What a great dealer!

Took delivery May 5th., #210 :yahoo:

Promptly took it for a little ride. 500+ miles. SCHWEEEET!!!!

12900525846.jpg

Bought mine wednesday night, it was on the dealirship floor. Motoworld El Cajon, ca. :D

Absolutely love it!!!!!!!!!!!!! Man what an awesome bike! I have been debating getting one for 3 years, glad I finally did.

I think I may have had the strangest first ride on a Yamaha FJR1300A. Bike #1035

The call came in from Nashville that my bike would be ready late Thursday May 11th and the weather was calling for just a slight chance of a rain (a break from the monsoons we have been having for a month).

As I approached Nashville there were a few drops hitting the windshield and a dark cloud or two – damn? But the bike was there and after the paper work and checkout I was off. I had decided on a route home to Florence Alabama that included no Interstates.

That was when God decided to baptize the bike with me on it. But this was not where I wanted to be, rush hour traffic, rain and wind on a new bike with new slick tires. Found my road south and out of town then I saw two rain bow ends close together, about 10 miles south rain letting up some and I saw a perfect end to end rainbow. Branched off on to state road 46 headed to the Natchez Trace, then I hit some rainsqualls, and I said a prayer for a safe trip and an end to this rain. God helped out and the rain quit when I got to the Trace. There I saw another beautiful rainbow. The trace was a sweet national park road that goes from Nashville Tennessee to Natchez Miss. the speed limit is 50, but there were no park rangers in sight and very light traffic. While traveling I saw 6 deer, a wild turkey, and a possum.

My hands were starting to get numb, but I wanted to get home so I kept driving, then I hit a swarm of insects. I made the mistake of thing it was just water and wiped my face shield and it just smeared. So I pulled over at one of the nice roadside bathrooms, clean and warm. I stuck my damp gloves in the vents by the engine. Used the facilities, cleaned the visor, and dumped the cell phone and wallet into the hard case.

Back on the bike for the rest of the ride home (70 miles), the moon was up and nearly full. My gloves had dried a bit and my hands stayed warm the rest of the ride home with the temperature around 54. With dry gloves at that temp. My hands would have been cold after about 30 miles on my old bike. Total miles first trip 140. I should have the 600-mile break in done by the end of the weekend.

I am coming off of a CBR954 sport bike, on it I felt like an integral part of a rocket. On my FJR it is like a comfortable, sweet, solid, machine that you don’t want to get off of except to eat and sleep. On it you feel an integral part of a road machine.

It is great motorcycle, the mirrors were solid no vibration and I can actually see what is behind me and not just my elbows. The shifting was good and not too hard. I had the shop check the torque on the steering head – no clunking. But yep as reported the instantaneous gas mileage is messed up and shows 17, and the average was 41. The electric windshield comes in real handy, up to block the rain

For the people who were insulted at the bike being mistaken, lighten up. BMW has been making great cars and motorcycles for a long time. BMW should make this bike but they don’t. The FJR is in my opinion considerable better that the BMW and costs less.