Use center stand after lowered?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JON-PNW2013

Reaction score
Is there a way to somehow modify my center stand to function if my 2013 has been lowered? The shop gave it to me in a box and told me I couldn't use it. They did cut the sidestand down a bit (but I need to do more - the bike still stands up too straight when on the sidestand... which leads me to wanting my center stand back)!

Regards,

Jon A.

2013 FJR

Though the center stand may be difficult to use for some even when the bike is not lowered even when lowered it still can be used. You didn't mention how much your bike is lowered. i used 7/8 Kouba links for mine and can still get it up on the center stand but it's a bear. I generally only use it to service the bike or for winter storage. When I plan on doing some service I I sometimes roll it up on a piece of 2x4 which makes it a snap to pop it up. As for the side stand there is a little nub/stop to prevent from going too far forward. I ground mine flush allowing it to go further and now have plenty of lean. Just my 2 cents.
rolleyes.gif

It's not that you can't use it, but that it's probably gonna take about 400 pounds of force on the tang to lift the bike.

Also, you might have a cornering clearance issue with a lowered bike, which might be why they removed it. Either that or they had to remove it to do the other work, and couldn't be bothered to remount it.

It's not that you can't use it, but that it's probably gonna take about 400 pounds of force on the tang to lift the bike.
That's a good point. My new shock has a 1/4" shorter spring and the bike is noticeably harder to put on the stand.

Course, I'm not getting any younger either.
rolleyes.gif