Very Special SS1000 Attempt

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My interpretation is that he is referring to the "over-revving" redline on the tach. I think I'm self-trained to this. I have a red-blooded son who is a young adult, and while he doesn't ride motorcycles, he is intimately aware of what a red line is.
Tony - what's wrong with the Lad's steed? And what can we do to help?
He is actually impressing the heck out of me with his mechanical ability! The bike is in pieces, the parts have come in

and tomorrow is the repair day. Easy to disassemble… gasket, fuel filter, air cleaner…

Famous last words… "Be careful you don't over tighten the bolts on the cover" Oh Snap !

Bikes running, awaiting a new bolt for the cover (As soon as he gets the broken nub out.
weirdsmiley.gif

Job well done none-the-less! Wish I had his motivation.
lazy.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait. You wishing you had better motivation?? You do realize that just about everyone here wishes they had even a bit of yours right?

Congrats to your son. And to you too as it looks like that special ride will happen after all.
bike.gif

Good luck on your Father & Son SS1000. Jack and I had a great time when we did ours a couple years ago. He was a tad luckier... was on our pretty well kitted out FJ-09. We thought we had everything handled....but the seat position was a tad off relative to handlebars for him. At 800 miles he was feeling it up in the neck and shoulders. He soldiered on though. We left at 5:05AM and we were in the pool by 8:30PM...

Well today is the day.
punk.gif

It is going to be very cold. My sons Kawasaki ZZR has been… a little less than reliable, so thanks to forum member (And friend) jgreen,

this is still on. My son will be riding my '08 FJR and I will be riding jgreen's '08 FJR. We hope to depart by 1 pm today.

Well I am back from Jacksonville and my son is closeby on a stop.

I will do a short ride report after I get the gear recovered (Cleaned & put away) ..

I also need to return a borrowed cycle to its owner. And with that:

A special "Thanks!" goes out to forum member (And Friend) jgreen.

Without his generosity, this ride would not have happened.

Tony, Congrats to you and your son. Certainly a ride you won't soon forget. It was nice seeing you in Jax, albeit a quick handshake. The keg was calling...LOL

Congrats! I assume a BBG is on the docket next???
I think he will have to decide that for himself. He will really have to change his sense of urgency and habits quite a bit before

he can successfully tackle a BBG pace. What is really inviting for us would be to ride to some places that he has never been

(And I have not spent enough time in) Maybe some touring together.

Latest posts