vibrations

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

artistic rider

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has any experience with transporting electronics on thier bike. I have a Nikon 35 mm digital camera and love to carry it with me. Do I need to take special precautions to prevent it from being damaged?

Keep 'em in your tank bag and they'll be fine. I'd stay away from the hard-drive based systems, though. They hate the hi-freq. vibes.

Keep 'em in your tank bag and they'll be fine. I'd stay away from the hard-drive based systems, though. They hate the hi-freq. vibes.
+ 1

Canon EOS 5D in a modified tank bag (with padding cannibalized from a camera bag) and no problems to report.

As for the hard-drive based systems, I find your comment enlightening, TWN :D I tried several times to shoot a riding video with a bullet camera

connected to an Archos hard-drive and it always went dead on me... :eek: Oh...I forgot to add, the Archos was located in a HD saddlebag :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I should have known better...

Stef

And here Stef you had everyone thinking you just liked the vibration of the H-D on the BRP :lol: .....

And here Stef you had everyone thinking you just liked the vibration of the H-D on the BRP :lol: .....

Mike,

Your malicious implications aside :rolleyes: I enjoyed that H-D ride and (if you recall) I carried the recording equipment in a backpack.

Obviously, my superhumanly solid frame absorbed the vibrations and sheltered the Archos from adverse effects... :unsure:

When I tried placing it in a saddlebag, instead, it just conked out after a few seconds.

But do keep your innuendo coming, bro :p

Stef

i just received one of those helmet cams as a gift from xtremerecall.com. they recommend that if you're carrying the camcorder in your tankbag, to isolate the vibrations with styrofoam padding.