Want a "Smuggler" so do I !@#$^&

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Things/people get "lost" in NJ all the time. Hopefully the smuggler won't end up next to Jimmy Hoffa in the Pine Barrens.

So I bought a Smuggler from a board member for a good price, he sent it to Gary (Garauld) via FedEX for a proper paint match, so far so good. Gary sent it to me via USPS Priority Mail with tracking. Now it is officially lost by our wonderful postal system, oh goodie. The last they know of it was last Friday morning at 12:15 am in New Jersey and I live in MD. It was mailed over a week ago in NY with a three day delivery. Lessons learned; DO NOT send valued things by USPS because they don't keep track of it. I was told they tried to institute a tracking system like UPS or FedEx but they "just couldn't get it right." The idea of their tracking is to scan it in their system at specific places "when they can." I was told by a USPS official after a formal "lost package" claim was filed, "don't panic, it will probably show up in a month or so, we are having some issues with our NJ sites," boy, I feel better already.

So if any of you happen to see a box on the side of the road somewhere between NJ and MD, take a look it might be my freshly painted Smuggler!

Upset at best, Gene
Gene,

I found one of these smuggler things that fell off the back of a truck. I'm sure we could work something out, I do a favor for you, you do a favor for me. Keep your mouth shut and no one gets hurt. Capisce?

-Tony S

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Let me understand this cause, ya know maybe it's me, I'm a little f'd up maybe, but I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I'm here to f'n amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How am I funny?

:aggressive:

It's funny cuz you fat!
hangover.jpg

Here's some! Before I installed my Vance and Hines cans.

corbin4_small.jpg

corbin6.JPG
Thanks Smell! That is Pretty! It makes the FJR look even more Badass than it already does. :clapping:

I would love one but, It'll make me have to say NO! when some honey walks up to me and says: "Can you take me for a Ride?"

That's when I'll start Hating it! :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Smell! That is Pretty! It makes the FJR look even more Badass than it already does. :clapping:

I would love one but, It'll make me have to say NO! when some honey walks up to me and says: "Can you take me for a Ride?"

That's when I'll start Hating it! :rolleyes:

On the off chance that happens, just put her in your lap, facing you.

IT"S ON MY BIKE :yahoo: Well I picked up the nicely painted Smuggler from my post office this morning at 8:45 and it is now safely on my bike, finally. What the postmaster of my little one window office said is that even though Gary labeled it properly and paid for "Priority Mail", they shipped it parcel post, or as she said, that means they will ship it when they get around to doing so. If I hadn't start raising a fuss she said it may have been another week.

Thanks for letting me vent, all the fun posts, and ah, all you guys that claim you found one in NJ, I can now say it's not mine!

Gene

Grats on getting it before the snow. Pics are needed since smugglers are SOOOOO SEXY. I know all the chicks dig em. None have actually told me that, but I just KNOW it is true.

Will try to get them tonight. I'm the sports photographer for the Baltimore Sun, so the pressure is on, I guess. Gene

Perfect color match, just as everybody said it would be, thanks again Gary.

Gene

smuggler3.jpg

smuggler1.jpg

Ya... That's hot! If you ever decide to sell, PM me!

Who makes or sells those tank pads?

On the off chance that happens, just put her in your lap, facing you.
Hey Tony, It happens more times than not. I'm single and all of the friends of my friends at Bike Night want me to take them for a ride. :rolleyes:

It ain't Braggin' when it's True. And I've done the putting them on my lap facing me thing. Very Uncomfortable! :p

Gene

smuggler3.jpg

smuggler1.jpg
Holy Crap EM! That is Smokin' :clapping: That color of the '08/'09AE is F@#King Gorgeous! :dribble: When Mine dies, I'll get me one of them! Thanks :) Garauld does nice work doesn't he?

The TechSpec Grippers are great. Went on my 09 right after the OES sliders during the same afternoon a couple of weeks after I got the FJR. Big improvement in being able to feel the bike.

Dennis

Gene

smuggler3.jpg

Wait!! What's this? A Corbin Smuggler being used with a Sargent Worldsport seat? Isn't that against the ISMF rules or something?

Jeeze... next thing you'll be putting a car tire on the back!! :p