• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted: auxiliary fuel cell

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devanator

Reaction score
Wanted: 2005 Gen 1 auxiliary Fuel Cell. Preferably in the Dean Tanji or Farkles by Maples Style.I know these are hard to come by. But had to try and see if there is one out there collecting dust. Other options will be looked at once I exhaust this 1st option.I had a 05 from 2005-2010. then went without a bike till March of this year when I bought another 05 after 9 years without.Starting to accessorize the new bike again. Not into actual rallies much, but do enjoy long distance riding without having to stop. PM if there is one out there.devanatorMike C

I know Ernie Azevedo has materials already cut to make several Tanji-style cells and helped him with a mounting solution that works for Gen 1 and Gen2+ bikes.  Yell if you want his contact information.

FJROB1300 has one that I built years ago. Not quite the style you seek but he was letting it go at a fair price. It goes in place of the back seat and holds 4.2 gallons

I seem to remember that Mad Mike had a Tanji cell that came off his 05 the he was going to sell. He doesn't come here anymore but I think ha could be found on the farcebook group. I'll email him and see if he still has it..

This on a gen 2, think it will fit a gen 1?
2.jpg

More pics here https://candybuttorg.ipage.com/cba/node/673

Also have a spare TAT...
DSC05108.jpg

dcarver

I do not think it will. Based on Maples website, there Gen 2 and 3 tanks will not fit Gen 1. And they don't even offer tanks for Gen 1 bikes anymore. There option to choose your model year doesn't go back to Gen 1.  I have a email to Ernie the guy Ignacio gave me the email address to. They seemed to have come up with an option to attach to both generations. And I haven't called and talked personally to Maples either, maybe they do have an option or too that isn't on their website. 

I'll see what Ernie has to say. It really isn't a big deal if I can find one or make something work. But I'm going to try. I also have a guy locally that welds and fabricates stuff on his own that is quite handy. Was going to bring pics to him and see what he has to say. And if all else fails, that TAT doesn't look half bad either. That is another option. I appreciate the info though and ability to open some doors for me. 

Thanks FJRay for looking into it. Thats why I asked. 

Mike 

FJROB1300 has one that I built years ago. Not quite the style you seek but he was letting it go at a fair price. It goes in place of the back seat and holds 4.2 gallons
Thanks for the plug Ray. Mine is going to a new home in Nova Scotia.