• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted: John Ryan fender sticker

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbjamn

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
I am searching for anyone that may have an extra sticker or two that they would like to sell. I had one on my bike for a couple years until i crashed. I tried to remove it but it ended up tearing. These stickers were sold as a fund raiser to make a donation for a children camp in Johns name. The saying is "There's absolutely no excuse for the way I'm about to act".

Thank you

I'd bet that if you went to a sign maker and had 50 made you could sell them all quickly. Especially if your price made it clear you were not trying to make a killing on them. I'd buy four.

I've got a sticker lady that makes anything I design - no questions asked. Real cheap price for the size of the sheet of stickers she can make.

If I had a high quality copy of the design- I could get them made. Just an idea.

The ones I have are white printing on black background. 4.8 cm tall by 12.5 cm wide and the font is 1 cm tall. There's absolutely no excuse for the way I'm about to act, is printed in two lines. I recommend that the following be added in a smaller font below the quote: John Charles Ryan, 1960-2013

From reading a bit more on these I see there were 2 versions. V1 just had the saying, V2 {The one I had} had the tag line of JWJR {John Would Just Ride}. If I dont get one through the board, I'll investigate the V3.Thank you all

Hmmmmmmm, V2 is funny, because I never sold that one, and I sold about $2500 worth of the V1. I think I have an extra one if I can find it. Camp Nejeda was the recepient of the funds, and all told, with.all the fundraisers done, they got close to $10,000. One Hellavua tribute I would say!

I've got a sticker lady that makes anything I design - no questions asked. Real cheap price for the size of the sheet of stickers she can make.If I had a high quality copy of the design- I could get them made. Just an idea.
I have an original for a pattern.

I'll give it to you when I see you in Harrison.

smile.png

20161003_170010_zpsr3nv5ir8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got a sticker lady that makes anything I design - no questions asked. Real cheap price for the size of the sheet of stickers she can make.

If I had a high quality copy of the design- I could get them made. Just an idea.
I have an original for a pattern.I'll give it to you when I see you in Harrison.

:)
That would be great! And shall we take a collective vote to see if anything (name/date) should be added? Or keep it as the original?

Update: I started on a quest to find one of these stickers, and thanks to Yamatour, i now have one. Thank you!

Many of you said that you'd like one also..so i will work on making that happen. Like last time, all proceeds will go to Camp Nejeda in John's name.

The sticker will have a black background with white type and read "There is absolutely no excuse for the way I'm about to act" {2 lines of type}

There was some discussion on adding/changing the tag line on line 3

Option #1 Blank...no tag line

Option #2 JWJR {John Would Just Ride}

Option #3 John Charles Ryan 1960-2013

Please reply with which option you would prefer.

Depending on price break from the printer, I'm guessing 50-100 will be the total being ordered.