• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted: Stock Seat and Laminar Lip

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crankshaft

Reaction score
Found everything I needed. This is a great site. Thanks.

I'm looking for a stock rider and pillion seat for an '07 (Gen II). The cover can be torn or ripped. I need to seat pans for a rebuild. STILL LOOKING!

Any suggestion besides here and Ebay?

THANKS TO RUSHES GENEROUSITY, I no longer need the Laminar Lip.

I have found a stock pillion seat.

Still looking for a stock rider seat.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
My lip has holes drilled in it with nylon spacers. But I will sell you the lip and mounting hardware if you're interested. $40 shipped sound OK? I will clean it up and take a picture first if you want.

My lip has holes drilled in it with nylon spacers. But I will sell you the lip and mounting hardware if you're interested. $40 shipped sound OK? I will clean it up and take a picture first if you want.
Thank you. But I think that see if I can't find one without the holes for now. I'll definately keep you in mind though

I'm looking for a stock rider and pillion seat for an '07 (Gen II). The cover can be torn or ripped. I need to seat pans for a rebuild.
I'm also looking for a Laminar Lip. I was trailering mine and it blew off somewhere in Kentucky. I've never had a problem with it, even at warp speeds on the bike. I guess the air coming from around the SUV caught it and blew it off.

Thanks
I've got a never used laminar lip somewhere.

I'll look for it tomorrow.

If I find it you can have it.

:thumbsup:

I'm looking for a stock rider and pillion seat for an '07 (Gen II). The cover can be torn or ripped. I need to seat pans for a rebuild.
I'm also looking for a Laminar Lip. I was trailering mine and it blew off somewhere in Kentucky. I've never had a problem with it, even at warp speeds on the bike. I guess the air coming from around the SUV caught it and blew it off.

Thanks

Wow!! Thank you!

Thanks

Wow!! Thank you!
Found it.

But you have to promise never to trailer your bike again...

Thanks

Wow!! Thank you!
Found it.

But you have to promise never to trailer your bike again...
Thank you. I'll do my best to keep that promise. Sometimes the missus insists on trailering because of weather or distance (I'm working on getting a Russel seat to help with the distance issue). But on trailering trips I get to leave at o'dark thirty so we can get to the good roads and ride all day. I do promise if I trailer it will come off and put safely in the car.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't trust the Duolock fasteners that come with the lip. For one, it seems like it takes not enough effort to remove the lip from the windshield. Two, with frequent removal/replacement, it sticks less and less securely.

If it flew off on the trailer, it is conceivable that it could fly off while you're riding, from a gust of wind or the wash from a truck, etc.

Just sharing my opinion and experience. :)

Thanks to Rushes for the Laminar Lip!!!! It arrived yesterday, I was excited. It was like Christmas. Thanks again Rushes!!!

I have found a stock pillion seat.

Still looking for a stock riders seat!

I may have one, I am in the process of finnishing the basement.......ever seen the Wizzard of OZ? Let me poke around in the next day or so and I will let you know.

lucas

I may have one, I am in the process of finnishing the basement.......ever seen the Wizzard of OZ? Let me poke around in the next day or so and I will let you know.

lucas
Yep, still looking. Let me know if you find it.

Thanks

Mike

C'mon Cranky find a stock rider's seat so you can send them off and A can have a happy ass at RoS2/BB7/D@DG8....

I found em both. They are in excellent condition, got the Corbin as soon as I got the bike. I would perfer to sell em together, but will consider all options. Feel free to send an e-mail.

lucas

I found em both. They are in excellent condition, got the Corbin as soon as I got the bike. I would perfer to sell em together, but will consider all options. Feel free to send an e-mail.
lucas
PM sent.

Definately interested. Hopefully we can work something out.