• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WANTED!!! Suzuki Wee Strom DL 650

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smitty141

My name is Smitty.. And I have a motorcycle proble
Reaction score
Looking for a 2005 up Wee in good shape... Not looking for a fixer upper, something with less than 20,000 mile. Farkles a plus, with in 500 smiles of Hooterville Missouri (St. Louis Mo.)

What you got, looking to add a bigger gravel road bike to the hurd...

Smitty

Ummmmm

You mean something like the BMW and the KTM you had until recently?

R

Last edited by a moderator:
PM forum member "Scoops", she is in Virginia Beach, but I know she has a hankerin' to sell her Wee and get an FZ6

Ummmmm
You mean something like the BMW and the KTM you had until recently?

R

Almost King Richard... but a little smaller. Want a bike with a dealer on every corner (V twin KTM no dealer network) or a bike I can ride and not feel like a snob (BM f-cking W).. :angry:

Smitty

This is very good for me! Smitty will figure out all the cool stuff then I just get what he's researched! Go Smitty, Go!

......... in a year or so
following this guy's rapid pace of new bikes, I'll take the "under" on that bet.
He'll be off that bike in under 6mos ....Likely upgrading to the men's version. HP to weight ratio makes the girls version a sucker move.

Looking for a 2005 up Wee in good shape... Not looking for a fixer upper, something with less than 20,000 mile. Farkles a plus, with in 500 smiles of Hooterville Missouri (St. Louis Mo.)
What you got, looking to add a bigger gravel road bike to the hurd...

Smitty
It appears great minds think alike. I really like my '04.

B)

You might want to consider the differences between 2007 and earlier DL650s.

The 07 has 2 plugs/cylinder, catalytic converter (I think this was new for 07) , weighs more and has to have special dealer only electronics for a throttle body sync. I think they regained some HP on the 08s. I recently read that the 07 and later bikes have a slighlty longer swingarm and are more stable, I read this on the web so it must be true. Because of changes to the 07 and later aftermarkets exhausts systems are less common.

Summary: The 07 Wee weighs slightly more, has slightly less HP and needs special dealer equidment to do a TBS. However it gets better MPG. My understanding is that the differences between the 07 and earlier are very slight. On the Stromtrooper forum the differences are typically considered insignificant.

I bought an 07 last March and have had no problems. I use it for my short ride bike except when it is cold. It will just barely lift the front wheel under power in first gear if I do things just right. I will use it for touring instead of the FJR in hot weather.

Accessories I really like: Madstad windshield bracket with Givi windshield, Givi bags and top trunk, and centerstand. I will add an Audiovox cruise control soon. I added a Sargent seat yesterday.

Hope this helps, Good hunting :)

I have two wee stroms. An 04, 20k miles and an 06, 10k miles, stashed in different parts of the country. However, I'm not interested in selling either of them. They are great bikes, get over 50 mpg, stone reliable. Madstad brackets, one with Givi bags and one with Caribou pelican. Givi 36L with Motech brackets are a bit wide. Caribou pelicans are nice, but way heavy and the brackets aren't easily removed. Rode the 06 through Idaho, Utah, Colorado and Wyoming last summer to attend the National Moto Guzzi Rally. Got 50mpg average overall with many miles at 80mph (gps).

I was able to get the 06 in April of 06 with $2k of farkles for $5,600. Should be even better shopping with the current economy. Good luck in your search -- keep checking Craigslist and post a want ad locally there.