warranty search

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

huk finn

Reaction score
Is there a place to call to see if an used 2005 fjr has the yes warranty. I'm looking at a 2005, non abs, 6000 miles, $9799. The bike has the yamaha top box .

Heres the main question, do you think the dealer would deny that there's an extended warranty already in place , just to sell (gouge) you a new policy? The stealer is a non- yamaha store, and I wondering if they'll do anything to get another warranty sold for more profit.

So , would I have any luck finding out if the bike was bought with a yes warrenty, ( I have v.i.n. #)?

Thanks for any info,,,

Start here:

From the Yamaha website:

Products must be in the original Limited Factory Warranty period to qualify for Yamaha Extended Service.For a unit no longer covered by the Yamaha Limited Factory Warranty,

please call 866-YES-EXTD (866-937-3983) for eligibility.

We have a local dealer in Irvine, CA that is selling a new 2006 FJRAE for $10,999. I also know there are some options for warranties for between $300-$400 for 5 year extended but I do not remember where. Not sure if I was much help but thought I would share.

thanks for the info,,, that was quick !!! I called and the was "NO" warranty purchased on the bike. They were happy to look it up (which was nice). They also gave me the date the factory war. ran out .

I know the 9799 price is to high for a 95 with out abs, was hoping to offer high 85 to 9000 area out the door. what do you guys think ?

Can't hurt to ask, but that is a pretty fair price for an '05 with low mileage, IMO. Course, I'm in California where they also provide a jar of Vaseline, when you buy a bike. ;)