Washington D.C. International Motorcycle Show Jan. 10-12

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll be there saturday early. I park at work and hop on the metro for three stops. Parking is rough up near the convention center, and they've never had special bike parking, AFAIK. Been to every show in DC. The OEMs have started coming back. Even BMW and Triumph were at last year's show. Deals are okay. Picked up a Cycle Hill tire changer a couple years back for a great price and free shipping.

I'll be there saturday early. I park at work and hop on the metro for three stops. Parking is rough up near the convention center, and they've never had special bike parking, AFAIK. Been to every show in DC. The OEMs have started coming back. Even BMW and Triumph were at last year's show. Deals are okay. Picked up a Cycle Hill tire changer a couple years back for a great price and free shipping.
They had a pretty good deal on a No-Mar setup last year. It would take quite a few tire changes to break even, though for what I get my local guy to do it for.

Passed though a few time Bob.. Working in Annapolis and had to make the trip to Tyson Corner a few times.. Bleh!

When I'm talking about purchasing something from a vendor... I'm talking along the lines of a pair of gloves or some crap like that. It would be really nice if Aerostich would set up @ some of these events. I'd really like to try on a pair of their Combat Touring light boots.

Because I need new boots & these are what I'm thinking about purchasing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be there but was thinking of coming for the shorter day on Friday. Hours are 3-8pm. Has anyone been to this event? I don't really know what to expect. I used to work in DC so I know parking will be an issue. Was thinking of using the metro also.
ive done it the last two years on Saturday and had no trouble getting a parking spot in a pay lot a block away. Dunno about Friday though.

I'll be there. I or we probably will make it Friday afternoon again. We go in town enough during the week that we generally avoid it on the weekends.

For those that do drive, there's a small parking lot SE of the Convention Center, between K and Eye Streets, east of 7th NW. The guards will let bikes park by their little booth.

The best deals are on Sunday, because the merchants don't want to pack their shit to take home and re-stock. I got my current pair of boots really cheap at the show that way.

Aerostitch came to town last summer for a week and rented a store front. A friend and I went & found that they were basically measuring and weren't giving much in the way of discounts. I'm not sure how much different they'd be at a show. I found a Klim jacket on sale, love it, and haven't missed my 'Stitch since.

RFD can be loud at Happy Hour but it's friendly and we seem to keep going back.

I'm looking forward to seeing my friends above anything else. I am planning to bring some cash for goodies if I see something. Hope to see u checks & other bretheren.

Last edited by a moderator:
will be there Saturday morning. I was at an event in Mount Vernon Square Saturday. Parking isn't an issue on Saturdays, nor is traffic (generally). I've done the Metro thing, too, from Springfield, but weekend schedules aren't as plentiful as during the week.

That sucks Joe, I was hoping that you'd be able to make it. I'd like to see ya'. See you in the spring then?