Water Water Everywhere...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good looking bike with a great looking windscreen. Don't see any evidence of scarring, so your (literally) plastic surgeon did a good job. What type of lights are mounted on your forks?

I assume you're far enough from the Gulf where tides don't affect the floodwater heights. My young family lived in suburban Tampa for 18 years at 12 feet above sea level, but 20 miles from Tampa Bay. Hurricanes wreaked havoc on low land at the coast; we worried about local creeks and the lake across the street. They drained into Tampa Bay, and a hurricane at high tide backs up water far away from the beach.

Last edited by a moderator:
I live about 3 miles from "Freds". I'm on the high side of Hwy.16.
In 1983 the field where your house is was underwater. In 1977 you could not have driven out of there in any direction due to high water. And yes, I was personally there for both of them and remember it.
smile.png

Nice report. Sorry for the people that are flooded. Glad you, your mom and dad, and Joey are high and dry!
Thanks for the good wishes.

Is George really good with Bee problems?
I have no idea but I honestly thought about you when I was choosing which pic of that spot to include. I was hoping you would happen along and notice that. Well done.

That windshield looks darn good on that bike.
I was thinking the same thing...
cool.png
If you think that windshield looks good on that bike, you should see ME on that bike! Okay, not really.
rolleyes.gif
I was truly happy with the way the bike came out in those pics. I guess the "Ugly Gray" 2015 has some appeal to someone besides myself. Thanks for the compliments.

Good looking bike with a great looking windscreen. Don't see any evidence of scarring, so your (literally) plastic surgeon did a good job. What type of lights are mounted on your forks?
I assume you're far enough from the Gulf where tides don't affect the floodwater heights. My young family lived in suburban Tampa for 18 years at 12 feet above sea level, but 20 miles from Tampa Bay. Hurricanes wreaked havoc on low land at the coast; we worried about local creeks and the lake across the street. They drained into Tampa Bay, and a hurricane at high tide backs up water far away from the beach.
Again, thanks for the compliments. I love that bike. Was more than just plastic but yes, it is almost unnoticeable now. Still, Scar seems to fit the ugly thing.

Those are from MondoMoto, they are MM10 bullet LEDs. I am very pleased with these lights, they have been steadily improved and come with an excellent harness, the relay, and the switch. PM me and I can give you some pointers on how to make the brackets work on the ES front fender.

No, I am not that far away. We are affected by the tides.

Redfish your bike is not ugly gray. It is beautiful. Some may find the 2014 model is a screaming red and while it has its charms too, some may not like riding red screamers.
uhoh.gif

I want to click the "Like" button on that one but I am scared to do so.
uhoh.gif

She is a dandy but I am afraid that even shall we say a Test Ride would cost far more than I am prepared to spend.

You must be channeling your inner Beemerdons. He would approve.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tyler beat me to it. My kids are significantly older than that sweet young thing. Besides, she doesn't look like she'd appreciate anything I could offer except an expensive dinner and a hotel room on a high floor.

The water is dropping and folks are cleaning up their messes now. I spent most of my day operating a pressure washer under a house belonging to one of my cousins about 30 feet from the Amite River. The mud covered everything. Ironically, just about a month ago I questioned him about the wisdom of living in a flood plain. He acted like it was no big deal.

I would make some sarcastic comment about how he just sat in his chair and watched me but since he is a quadriplegic and it was a motorized wheel chair, I will let it go.