Wayne (ExtremeMarine) and Annette Update

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwilly

Administrator of Drama
Reaction score
I just got off the phone with Annette and wanted to give everyone an update on the 2 of them.

Annette:

Has a badly broken wrist which is going to require surgery, 3 broken ribs and is banged up pretty good. She did brag about how well the gear worked and was in good spirits.

Wayne:

Has a slightly ruptured and lacerated spleen, also has lacerations to his liver and kidneys, a couple of broken vertebrae and a fractured bone in his shoulder. They are going to put a back brace on Wayne today and see if he can move.

Annette said that he is in a lot of pain but is still Wayne! They wheeled her up to his floor so they could see each other and he said "Honey they cut all of my gear off including my underwear so I was naked in a room full of women" She scolded him for making her laugh because it hurts with broken ribs and chest tube.

She said that she will keep me updated if anything changes or if they need anything. Annette said that this was the most awesome weekend even with what has happen!

JW

Be sure to tell her that we are all here for them if they need anything! good to see Wayne still in good spirits despite what happened!

Wayne, naked?

Eww.... :puke:

Hey - Fencer - you got anymore of those strawberries? I got a mental image I want to eradicate....

Seriously, thanks for the update, Jason. Susie and I are sending positive thoughts their way.

Andy

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Jason,

Please let them know there are plenty of us willing to help in any way we can?

I'll be wishing them well and sending hopes for a fast recovery.

Broken ribs hurt like hell!

Don't make 'em laugh.

Jason, Do you know what hospital they are in? Thank you for the update. They are in our thoughts and prayers. :rolleyes:

Roy and Sherrie

Thanks for the update Jason. It's worse than I thought. Prayers from here for their speedy recovery.

So So sorry to hear, If a fellow brother and sister need anything, just put out the word, and I will be there..

God blessJimstan

Thanks for the update on both of them. Good to hear that they still have their humor.

Jason, do you know what hospital they took them to? I live in the area so if they need anything I can help.

Ingo

So, we running back up this weekend?
Might be?

I'm not sure what hospital they are in. It's the "big" hospital in Roanoke, VA according to Annette? Wayne's Mom was going to give me a call this evening so I will find out. They are going to drive down there from Michigan.

JW

:blink:

How did this get by me?

Thoughts, best wishes and prayers for a speedy recovery.

I think I remember meeting Wayne...........possibly.........in Atlanta back in January of 07.........didn't he come down for the bike show and eat lunch w/us??

Get well soon Wayne and Annette!

Regards,

Bruce

I think I remember meeting Wayne...........possibly.........in Atlanta back in January of 07.........didn't he come down for the bike show and eat lunch w/us??
Yes he did, Shorter guy w/glasses and a Marine haircut? Guy takes his FJRForum user name one step too far! ;)

Jason, if it is in Roanoke it can only be Carillion, or Lewis Gale and that's not far from where I live. Like 35 miles.

So if they need anything let me know.

Ingo

Wayne and Annette, so sorry to hear of your accident, but great to hear the injuries weren't more severe. Here's hoping your recovery goes smoothly. Some tough times ahead.

Getting better takes time.

All the best guys.

Take care.

Michael

Is it possible to post the information from the Hospital so we can send flowers and or some kind of get well something or so.

Prayers for your quick recovery.

Mark