We lost a friend Lgjohn

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thoughts and prayers to Lee's family, friends and all involved in such a terrible tragedy. :sadsmiley:

:rip_1:

Just a tragedy. No words can ever really describe the loss one feels when these things happen. RIP , and prayers of support and healing for the loss to everyone involved.

It was the most surreal day I have ever had riding. Coming around that corner and seeing the bike there my first thought was that was an old wreck that had not been cleaned up, then I saw Lee's legs (not yet realizing that it was Lee). I don't remember how I turned around as fast as I did, but I do remember getting to the bike, and Bret and Steve all getting there, and we lifted it off of him as gently as possible. His respiration was strong, but he was unconscious. I tried talking to him, trying to get some response, but he never came around. At this point, I hope the authorities find the answer to why he passed.

I will spend some time on my knees praying for those who had the pleasure to know Lee and especially his family. I pray that he is in the loving arms of our Lord and that those precious kids and family can be assured he is in true peace and resting.

Please ride safe everyone!!
I'm at a loss for my own words except I'm sorry

+100

Mike

Sincere condolences to Lee's family and loved ones. Best wishes sent for healing with and in love for all affected.

The people who were there for this tragedy need to get whatever help is necessary to work through the inevitable PTSD that was contracted by this event. It's more likely than not that you have been afflicted, just a question of to what degree. As it's a cumulative process and usually results in a mental breakdown of some degree when each individual's emotional "hard drive" gets full, self-treatment (or self-medicating) is very likely a fool's path to travel. Emotional health is just as important and valuable as physical health, and not many will disagree that life isn't much fun without health.

Although this is an extremely graphic testimonial to the benefits of a SPOT device w/transmit capability, there is no evidence, or reason yet, to believe that quicker help would have changed the outcome, other than to lessen feelings of helplessness for the first-aiders. Traumatic cardiac arrest is nearly 100% fatal, and I will not publicly express any guesses on the actual injury(ies) behind the death of your friend. The autopsy should shed light on this aspect.

There ain't no sunshine when you overcook a corner entry to the degree that this seemed to have happened. Keep that thought way close to the front of your head when riding (your OWN ride), and hopefully we all can take away something beneficial from this event, begin to heal and move forward.

Gunny to Toecutter's thoughts on getting whatever counseling may be necessary. I experienced shivers when reading the first part of the story, and they only increased when I read about how Lee's wife found out about the tragedy. What a terrible, terrible day, but Lee was with true friends to the end and beyond. Godspeed.

465793496_3fnMt-M-2.jpg

Sincere condolences to Lee's family and loved ones. Best wishes sent for healing with and in love for all affected.
The people who were there for this tragedy need to get whatever help is necessary to work through the inevitable PTSD that was contracted by this event. It's more likely than not that you have been afflicted, just a question of to what degree. As it's a cumulative process and usually results in a mental breakdown of some degree when each individual's emotional "hard drive" gets full, self-treatment (or self-medicating) is very likely a fool's path to travel. Emotional health is just as important and valuable as physical health, and not many will disagree that life isn't much fun without health.

begin to heal and move forward.

+100

This was a hard and deep blow to your pschy and please evaluate yourself accurately and thoroughly on it's affects. Don't be so proud and self reliant to face needing help with the coping that is necessary. I didn't think I needed professional help for a long time, and it was highly detrimental to me in many ways and on many levels. It took my wife and her Dad to properly kick me in the ass with threats for me to seek the help I needed and I see now the longer I waited to make this wise move, the harder it was for me to recover.

Double post,

Iggy, Can you delete this.

Thanks,

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.