We Lost a Friend

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I too am stunned. Unlike many others, I was not fortunate enough to ever meet Andrew in person, but I have gotten so much from his posts, his pictures, and his PM's. It was obvious from just his contributions to the forum what a true class act he was. My prayers go out to Sherri and those who were close to Andrew.

Those of you near to Sherri, please let the rest of us know if there is anything at all we can do to help her through this incredibly difficult time.

Speechless.

Thoughts and prayers, etc.

Let us know if there's anything we can do.

I'm devastated. Don't know what else to say.

Of course (it goes without saying), please let us know if there's anything we can do, anything Sherri needs, etc.

I have never had any direct contact with Andrew but have read his posts and enjoyed them.

Something that strikes me is that with such a large membership on this forum, it is only a matter of time before one is lost. Andrew was obviously well liked and not so old looking at the photo's. Such a terrible thing no matter how old, or how it happens. Think of him, and he will be with you.

My very deepest simpathies go to his wife and family.

I was going to suggest a forum simpathy card, but what better than a print out of this thread passed to his wife by someone who knew him?

RIP from Graham and Sue in the UK.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sherri and family will be in our prayers. I didn't know Orangevale except for in his many postings, where you got a sense for who he was and what he stood for. He will be gravely missed by all and even more by those that knew him personally. If there is anything we can do, let us know. Not enough words to say how it grieves me to see a brother rider go down.

FUCK!

Sherri If you need ANYTHING..............

IMG_1312-1.jpg

IMG_1247-1.jpg

IMG_1275-1.jpg

RIP buddy!

Im numb. In denial.....

So many late night coversations about the most interesting topics flash through my mind. This was a man so rare and rich in culture and diverse knowledge, that I may never know another of his kind.

His love for two wheels was unmatched. I watched a passion grow in him for MC's that was outright amazing. Although many here have no doubtedly shared more rides with Andrew than I have (Im too dam busy) what Ill miss more than the our fast paced canyon shredding rides is a friend that was always there for me.

Right now this is all surreal. Hasnt sunk in.

Andrew will forever hold a place in my heart and mind, as well as many of yours......

Shocked..............and numb.

What absolutely horrendous news. I will miss you my brother.

Man this is the toughest reply I ever had to make. I was just getting ready to hit the sack and saw Tim's post. Now after about a half hour could I even type. I'm sitting here numb, listening to the rain coming down and I am in total shock. My heart and prayers goes out to Sherri, their kids and the family on both sides of this. There is no words really to relay my feelings on this matter other than I just can't believe this happened. Andrew is a great father/family man, husband and rider, he truly was a road warrior. He is a good friend and one who lived and loved life to its fullest by any streach of the imagination. All I can say now is, Andrew I miss you bro. I hope we willl meet again. RIP. Del. <>< :cry: Please everyone keep his family in your prayers in the days to come. Good night my friend.....

I think this picture can stand on its own. I definitely conveys the emotion this tragedy has cast upon this day eloquently.

How lonely we all feel when a good friend is gone, on a journey only they can make, never to be seen or heard again.

Farewell comrade,

Ed

Oh MY God,This is shocking news. I didn't personally know Andrew but I did know him.

His intimate way of sharing himself through this forum with his writing enriched my experience and knowledge.

I am so sad right now that words fail to express it. I will truly miss your presence here Orangevale,my heart goes out to your family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts