We Lost A Great Friend

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, what the hell happened? He was way too young. We lost a great contributor to the board and he will be missed..... RIP

tim.jpg

I'm shocked to say the least. I was fortunate to have Tim as a guest in my home in times past. He was a great guy....but somehow different than his forum personality. He will be missed. Was he ill?

The loss is ours. We will certainly miss his posts and his humor. God bless his family,

-Greg-

Just can't believe this. Just can't.

Not fair. Too much.

My heart aches for you and your family and all who loved you-

You were a helluva man brother Tim .

Peace and love.

Michael

Last edited by a moderator:
... uh ... wow. Apart from exchanging a few PMs with Tim in the run-up to NAFO and having the distinct pleasure of meeting him once there, I can't say I knew him at all. But the character that I'd since decided he is is decent and warm. And above anything else, an asset to this community. Though his presence enriched us all, his passing is a considerable loss...

Tim, I never paid up on that tequila shot I'd promised. But no worries man. I'm good for it and I'll catch up with you soon enough...

Requiscat in Pace

Marty

It seems he was a man who followed his heart and enjoyed his life and pursuits. He will ride on in our hearts and thoughts for many rides to come. In the Wind, Brother.

Group: Members++Posts: 11,031

Member No.: 10
At least he made it to Alaska this year. I know it was a dream of his.

This shot was taken from Andrew's bike, with Tim just ahead, on our way down Hwy1 to Morro Bay for dinner. Obviously, before he learned to "Stay Right". Good times!

Hwy1_T_shirt_shot.jpg

Vaya Con Dios, my friend. Stay Right! :fuck:

:rip_1: :bye2:

You can shed tears that he is gone,or you can smile because he has lived.

You can close your eyes and pray that he'll come back,

or you can open your eyes and see all he's left.

Your heart can be empty because you can't see him,

or you can be full of the love you shared.

You can turn your back on tomorrow and live yesterday,

or you can be happy for tomorrow because of yesterday.

You can remember him only that he is gone,

or you can cherish his memory and let it live on.

You can cry and close your mind,

be empty and turn your back.

Or you can do what he'd want:

smile, open your eyes, love and go on.

When I saw the title of this thread, I hoped it was a joke and a bad one at that. I never had a chance to meet Tim, but I did enjoy his humor and insight on several different topics. We'll all miss you Tim.

Prayers and condolences to the entire family.

RIP Rider.

Ray

Not that long ago, Tim and I shared some PM conversation time. We talked about tires, suspension, routes and the usual things. The last message I got from him was signed, "Your friend, Tim".

Damn, what a loss!

We'll miss you buddy.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to your family. Our hearts will always ride with you.

Jeff and the entire Haulin Ashe gang

RIP Tim. I never had the pleasure of meeting you in person, just a few PMs. Life is way to short.

I'm at a loss for words. I finally met Tim in person at NAFO, having somehow missed him at earlier WFOs. I truly enjoyed the several conversations with Tim and his warmth and humor, as well as just appreciating all the work he did for NAFO. Tim was full of life. I'm sure he has carried his attitude and wit over to the other side, where ever that may be. The forum will forever be missing him.

A huge loss. I'm speeechless and in shock.

Prayers to Tim's wife and family.

***EDIT***

I had some thoughts... still in shock though.

I have met Tim only once at Fairlaner's for the 2008 SoCal Tech Day. I never got to ride with Tim, but I did get to spend the day with him, wrenching on our bikes, asking questions, and just joking around. What a great guy. I always enjoyed his wit and knowledge on the forum. You'll be missed Tim.

Status
Not open for further replies.