wear on the left footpeg support?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric L

Not that kind of a doctor
Reaction score
Wow, I have wore the snot out of that wing that comes off the left footpeg mount. Looks like it's my heel or ankle that rubs it constantly. As far as I remember, the 09 did NOT have that wing.

You 13-15 owners, do you see this wear too or it it just my big foot?

Yeah, I see it. I just figure that is what the wing is there for, for your boot to rub against. Especially if you are one who likes to ride with the foot pegs under the balls of your feet. I find I move my left foot back and forth for shifting much more often than I move the right one forward for braking. But I bought my bike to ride, not to look pretty (though it does that too).

FWIW, I also wore down the left foot peg rubber more than the left side on my '05. After ~90k miles I just swapped the rubber part from side to side to even out the wear and give me a new front surface on both sides. ;)

Interesting, my right side is getting worn but not the left. I agree that it is there to take the rubbing of your heel though so it's normal.

Mine are slightly shiny wear my boots and jeans contact it. Of course, I've modified my footing to actually use those wings to rest my heels on, balls of my feet on the pegs and heels just barely hooked on them. Gives me a slightly sportier feel that, to me, is more comfortable. Of course the feet have to come down when I'm shifting/braking, but with over 90% of my riding in 5th on superslab, it doesn't happen much. YMMV.