Well, I CRASHED again

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dealing with cats:

1. Bring the bike to an upright position

2. Scrub off as much speed as possible while retaining traction.

3. Stand up on the pegs and use your legs to absorb the shock.

4. Gas it at impact to unweight the front wheel as you crush the little kitty into bite-sized dog treats.

Dealing with cats:

4. Gas it at impact to unweight the front wheel as you crush the little kitty into bite-sized dog treats.

5. don't go back to check the mess

Hey, this is annoying:
On closer inspection of the jacket, I found a place where about 3-quarters of an inch worth of stitching came out. The leather's not on top of the mesh, it's two different panels. Had that come apart, it would have been just me under there.

DSC_0032.jpg

They don't make this jacket any more, but I may see if I can send this info to Tour Master anyway, see what they make of it.
Jesus dude...Stop falling off your bike! You're freaking the rest of us out!! I'm glad your ok, and I'm glad all your gear worked. Just a couple of observations though...Has anyone noticed that at approx. 30mph (isnt that what you estimated), Woofshee's FJR traveled less distance than that BMW kuckle-head with the new tires? And also did you see that during this thread, your post count hit 666? WTF is that all about? Maybe Satan wants your bike.................
Oh this is too weird... my 666 post was about my deer strike in August of '07... queue Twilight Zone music

First off, glad you're ok and the bike can be fixed!

Secondly, try not to put all the blame on the cat. You said the cat scared the "bejesus" out of you! Riding though a residential area and not fully prepared for the unexpected? :blink:

3rd gear and only doing thirty? :rolleyes:

Me thinks you need to apologize to that cat and then go down to your local Humane Society or shelter and adopt a feline or two..... B) :assassin:

Glad you are OK. ATGATT never fails to help. Sitting at the computer, its easy to say that I would have just smiled and hit the throttle. However, anything that is suddenly in front of you usually registers as an obstacle or stationary hazard. Very easy to swerve the FJR in that situation. Glad you are in one piece/peace. Now go fix that thing!

Stupid [SIZE=12pt]CAT[/SIZE]?

Kitty not fall over.

Kitty not get hurt.

Kitty not damage prized possession.

Kitty not violate laws of nature.

Kitty maybe not so stupid. :unknw:

Maybe you were a cat-chasing dog in a former life...

Good to hear you're relatively okay. Thanks for posting pics of your gear afterwards, it's helpful to see.

Wfoosh-

Dealing with cats:

+1...You could've eliminated about 6# of wasted flesh!

Glad you're OK! Remember, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger!

J-DADDY

Four words....
Gee Ess Fi Hunned! :p

Aren't you due for a new front tire?
This is my brother's ever-so-subtle way of reminding me of his track day high side a few years back, and the resultant multiple surgeries to repair the remains of his elbow and upper arm, and the years he spent recovering before he could ride, shoot pool, or play golf again. Basically he's saying, "Quitcher cryin'!"
No, sorry, no attempt at subtlety there. I'm just saying maybe you'd want a smaller bike! :p

I think it was states as "If you can eat it in one sitting hit it" Not if it is smaller than a meal.

I am going to mount a nano laser to the front of my bike to cut a path in anything over 2" in height in front of the bike.

Seriously though.

ATGATT again. Sorry you had a getoff, glad you are OK

And also did you see that during this thread, your post count hit 666? WTF is that all about? Maybe Satan wants your bike.................

I think my actual 666th post was in the toolkit thread, but I'm not sure. Wasn't looking. But Satan already has a bike, saw it AHRMA last fall at Barber:

87380004sm.jpg

Wfoosh-
Dealing with cats:

2. Scrub off as much speed as possible [SIZE=18pt]while retaining traction[/SIZE].

+1...You could've eliminated about 6# of wasted flesh!

Glad you're OK! Remember, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger!

J-DADDY
See, I got halfway through 2. Partial credit???

I remember running over 2x4s in my MSF class. They didn't shoot out from under cars, though. Maybe they should do something like that, shoot stuffed (or real) animals out of air cannons on the side of the course. :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
See, I got halfway through 2. Partial credit???
I remember running over 2x4s in my MSF class. They didn't shoot out from under cars, though. Maybe they should do something like that, shoot stuffed (or real) animals out of air cannons on the side of the course. :blink:
Uh-oh!!! :eek:

You're going to have PETA looking for you! :fie:

"PULL!!" *thoomp* *THUMPSPLAT*

I'm sorry to hear about your crash. I always enjoy your post. Most of all, I',m glad to hear ATTGATT saved your ass.

I'm at 4,400 miles on a trip from GA to the Texas Hill Country to Big Bend NP and then on to the Ozarks of Arkansas. The Metzeler Z6 wore out at 5,170 miles.

Wow, the FJR is great!!!!!!

I hope you're back in the saddle soon.