Western FJR Riders Roundup

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dang!!..... I'm out people!! pinched my neck at work yesterday, thought it would

be better today but it still hurts.

going to miss hanging out and riding with you all.... I will catch ya at the next one.... enjoy!!!

B
Aww shoot, I was lookin forward to riding with ya this gathering. I wanted your opinion on my new rear tire.

We're going to have to hit up Alice's next weekend or something. I miss ya my friend.

Brodie

;-)
Sounds great Brodie, call me and lets do it :) )

Thanksto the fine folks who put on this event.

Special thanks to "Bugs" and Gayle for hosting Festar and me in their home.

LaPorte to Quincy rocks on the bike, a bucket list item for me.

Hope to see some or all of you in Spearfish SD the last weekend of June next year for the Black Hills FJR Roundup.

Get your rooms reserved now!

Bigjohnsd, John Langdell

Last edited by a moderator:
Great Photos Old Michael of some fantastic folks and really great times, our FJR Forum Folks are the Very Best! Mas Caminos y mas Amigos, ese!

Made it home by 2:45 Mountain time after leaving Sparks at 5:30 Pacific time.

Put 5.7 gal in at Tonopah with 44 miles showing on the reserve odo. I guess I still had almost a gallon left.

No trafffic today but lots of degrees. Up to 104 at one point.

Had a great time riding and hanging out with everybody this weekend.

John

Some people are so messy. Got home at 3:00 and unloaded the bike. Enjoyed riding with you all. Till next time.
bike.gif
20140712_183957_zpshstha1qb.jpg

Got home at 3:30. It was hot but the hail didn't hit until the bike was in the shop.

Another fun gathering in the books. Don and Doug picked a good spot.

The party never stops! Oface and Albert joined me for a ride home via the Sierra Buttes and La Porte Rd. while Tyler and Gayle used the more direct route. A bit toasty over the hill but the pool fixed that. Burgers on the grill now, yum.

Marty will stay here tonight before riding to Sacramento for some new Clearwater lights.

What a fun time, thanks to everyone who made to Sparks. We really enjoyed meeting new folks and seeing our old friends.

Great seeing all y'all in Sparks!

Left at 5:45A with junior and made it to Cottage Grove for the evening, easy ride home tomorrow.

--G

Festar and I departed at 0700. Breakfast in Alturas at 1000.

Visited FJer Bart in Lakeview OR at 1100.

Arrived in Ontario OR via 395 to John Day and then East on US 26 at 1800.

566 miles in 8:41 for a 66 mph average. Stopped in some podunk bar for a burger about 1630.

Hot,Hot,Hot 104 between John Day and Ontario OR.

Lolo Pass tomorrow, Glacier Tuesday!

The party never stops! Oface and Albert joined me for a ride home via the Sierra Buttes and La Porte Rd. while Tyler and Gayle used the more direct route. A bit toasty over the hill but the pool fixed that. Burgers on the grill now, yum.
Marty will stay here tonight before riding to Sacramento for some new Clearwater lights.

What a fun time, thanks to everyone who made to Sparks. We really enjoyed meeting new folks and seeing our old friends.
Decided to wait out traffic for the drive home and very glad I did... got to spend some quality time with good friends, a dip in the pool, and a fantastic dinner to boot! Smooth sailing and made it home in record time and got to watch a killer sunset too! Thanks to those who put it together and for everyone who came out to make it a great gathering.

I left Bug and Oface discussing the proper technique for spooning... it's gonna be an interesting night at the Bugnatr's house! ;)

After chasing the Bug through the hills I stopped at his place, jumped in the pool, ate burgers, and hung out with some very awesome people. I'm very grateful for the hospitality provided by the Bugs. What fantastic people, and then there's Tyler, I really looked forward to meeting her and was not disappointed. Mere words cant describe what a wonderful person she is. She now has her "Chicago People" so nobody better mess with her, ever.

So, after a "deliciously cozy" night, I'm down at Clearwater Lights getting some much needed illumination, then I'm off to LA to hang with my Bro for a couple days.

After chasing the Bug through the hills I stopped at his place, jumped in the pool, ate burgers, and hung out with some very awesome people. I'm very grateful for the hospitality provided by the Bugs. What fantastic people, and then there's Tyler, I really looked forward to meeting her and was not disappointed. Mere words cant describe what a wonderful person she is. She now has her "Chicago People" so nobody better mess with her, ever.
So, after a "deliciously cozy" night, I'm down at Clearwater Lights getting some much needed illumination, then I'm off to LA to hang with my Bro for a couple days.
If you are in So. Cal on Friday (my Friday off), look me up (PM me). I will show you some local roads that you will enjoy.

Left Sparks around 7 a.m. Sunday morning and drove into my drive way at 11 a.m, neither the bike or I any worse for wear. Should hear from the insurance folks today or tomorrow and see where it goes from there.

My deepest thanks to all of you who helped me out this weekend. You're a great bunch of guys (and gals)! :)

Look forward to seeing many of you again in La Pine. Cheers!