What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Installed Premier fairing stripe kit on right side..Looks Great with their saddlebag stripe kit .. Being I'm retired I saved the other side for tomorrow or next week or whenever.....Silver stripe really sets off that ugly 07 Black Cherry...

Replaced bearings in the shock relay arm, disassembled, cleaned and reassembled the swing arm. After 117K miles on the bike I finally got around to doing this stuff. Other than the middle set of bearings in the relay arm (rusted solid and had to be ground out to remove) everything else looked pretty good. So now after greasing it all aplenty, I'll be good for another couple of years. I don't think it's something I'll have to concern myself with as annual maintenance.
Rebuilt the front calipers earlier this winter and got the tubberware fixed and repainted. Hoping to post a pic here in a couple weeks.
Finished it.

1225.jpg

Rode about 235 miles today with a couple of friends.

Rode down to Highway 94 in San Diego....took that to Buckman Springs Rd.

Took that to the 8 to Sunrise Highway and had lunch at MAJORS CAFE.

From there went North on the 79 past Lake Cuyamucca through JULIAN stopping at Santa Ysabel for a break.

Shot all the way back North on the 79 through Temecula and the 15 freeway home.

Beautiful day with temps ranging from the low 60's to the low 80's.

Installed the GP suspension upgraded forks and Penske 8983. Rode to work for the first time this year. Damn it has been cold, and SANDY, here.

Looking forward to breaking in and setting up this suspension.

Moved the bars back, put ram ball stem nut on, started planning econo rack build... maybe get the mig out tomorrow.

Busy day with the Feejer.

New plugs

Throttle body sync

Change engine oil

Changed gear oil

Topped of coolant

Bleed brakes front and rear add new fluid also.

Added Sea foam in the tank

Cleaned and polished

Rode around the block (5 miles) WOT a couple of times and brought her back into the barn for the night.

Nuff done for today.

Ran out of time to do the front forks. Next weekend I guess.

Dave

Rode the carp out of the old girl today. Copped an ADV tag-o-rama triple play.

Headed out at 7:30AM and grabbed the Norther NE tag in ManchVegas, buzzed up I89 and then down through Newport to grab The NH tag in Lempster (it was snowy up there!), back tracked through Newport to lovely Claremont and across the river to grab the VT tag in Weathersfield.

Down through Vermont on Rte 100 to the last town before the Mass border to drop the VT tag, then across route 2 (the Mohawk Trail is in good shape, yo!) and dropped the NNE tag in Florida (Mass, not the state), then skooted east and dropped the NH tag just east of Jaffrey. Burned up more than two tanks of gas in the process.

When I got home the poor thing was disgusting, what with all the road spooge from the snow melt in Vermont and such. So I hosed her down, just good enough for more action tomorrow. I'll wash it good when the roads clean up a little more.

Y'all are getting out and riding, right?
bleh.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Heading soon from Toowoomba to SW Western Australia for a Aussie FJR get together, (across the Nullarbor to the WA Assault).

Reinstalled my CB radio and serviced the K&N air filter.

New tyres next week and the oils to do.

16 days to go