What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oil change for the motor and final drive. Getting to know the new bike through maintenance is both a rewarding and frustrating experience. I'll be doing/checking more in the weekends to come but I did have to take her out for a little ride today in the nice weather. Aside from ingesting a ton of pollen and driving my allergies crazy it was a nice run. I did get one nice butt pucker moment thanks to some TXDOT tar snake, but everything else was splendid.

Added frame sliders, and changed the final drive fluid. Then I had to do the required ride check, a nice double loop going to Running Aces, home again and then to a friends house near Stacy.

This weekend-

Saturday afternoon, installed my new Helibars.

Sunday afternoon, took my first good ride with the Helibars and the new Russell saddle.

The bike is one step closer to perfection.

Top Box / Light Install:

•  
  • Givi E55 NT Topbox in flat black with smoke lens
  • Givi SR357 Rack / Mounting Kit
  • AdMore - Givi E55 Top Case LED Run, Brake, Turn Signal Lights with FJR connector module

Oil and Final Drive Change

•  
  • Rotella T6
  • Mobil 1 M1-110
  • Yamaha Final Drive Lube

Where did you get those from? I drove to the dealership (it was raining) and.bought a case of oil, final drive oil and, some filters. Does that count?

I put these on:

img2593s.jpg

img2594pm.jpg

Where did you get those from? I drove to the dealership (it was raining) and.bought a case of oil, final drive oil and, some filters. Does that count?

I got them from here: https://www.bike-design.com/home.php

They are located in Belgium so with the exchange rate and shipping, they are pretty expensive. When I first put them on they looked a little short to protect the bags, but then I tried this:

img2605d.jpg

It looks like they might actually work pretty well if the bike falls over.

Got my bike back after slider-gate and installed my GPS mount and GPS. Now to get it hard-wired...

Pulled her out of the garage and put 80 miles on it . Some two lane some city, some FWY. I got a Goldwing 1,100 miles ago. Riding the FJR just reminds me what an excellent motorcycle it is. Kind of feels like a 10 speed, after riding the Wing.

I got them from here: https://www.bike-design.com/home.php

They are located in Belgium so with the exchange rate and shipping, they are pretty expensive. When I first put them on they looked a little short to protect the bags, but then I tried this:

img2605d.jpg

It looks like they might actually work pretty well if the bike falls over.
Nice find I bought a set. How bad going on?

dropped it trying to put it on my harbor freight dolly. I think I got the back wheel off to the side partially on the side rail. I didn't have the strength to hold it but it was a very slow drop. just scratched the right mirror a little. Leson learned. MAKE SURE THE BIKE IS LINED UP STRAIGHT !!

Don

Washed mine for the first time, then some Mother's spray on wax and it looks awesome! :) I haven't had a paste or liquid wax that felt as smooth as this spray. :clapping:
That Mother's Spray Wax is Outstanding! Especially when you're feeling lazy! Which I feel quite often. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Washed mine for the first time, then some Mother's spray on wax and it looks awesome! :) I haven't had a paste or liquid wax that felt as smooth as this spray. :clapping:
Good to know. I've looked at the stuff, seemed like too easy, and too easy usually means waste of money. Nice to hear two people chime in on it, so I'll give it a shot.