What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finished redoing the forks, lubing and torquing the steering head. Then I turned to the back of the bike. I think I finally found a downside to being a darksider. First time I've had the rear wheel off in 20k miles, Found some seriously over due lubing and cleaning. Won't let it go so far next time.

I installed a SkeneDesign LED controller that flickers, acts as turn signals and alert feature to flash oncoming cars by tapping the brake twice in 1 sec, I wired it to Whelen TIR3 LEDs... The bike's stock turn signals are invisible by comparison.. the Whelen units are super bright:
[img=[URL="https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-DtRF7Z3/0/X2/i-DtRF7Z3-X2.jpg%5D"]https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-DtRF7Z3/0/X2/i-DtRF7Z3-X2.jpg][/URL]
Odd. Did you take that picture through a window? There seems to be reflections shifted to the right.

A nice sunny day, whent for a ride 55k round trip,
Wow, a 55,000 ride! That's Epic!!!!
laugh.png
I think you'll find that's 55,000 metres (55km).
Mind you, Oz is a big place, so who knows?
My Bad 55Km is correct, but today around 300km should do the trick

insain fuel economy yeah !! LOL

I put my little red #13 sticker on the plate. Figured I better do it before I get pulled over. Hope to ride tomorrow. High 40's.

Currently doing taxes, lots of catchin up to do.

A mixed bag today, good stuff, took the Missus for her first ride and she loved it - wants a better seat and footrests for a longer ride but overall thumbs up - score

Then my daughter reversed her car into the front fender and knocked the bike over - thank god for the sliders and highway pegs I fitted this week. Unfortunately it fell onto a slope so still caught the mirror, handle bar end, and brake handle, scratched the right case and exhaust, but the worse damage was the front fender, as it will need to be replaced. Just bought it off Ron ayers and will " upgrade" the mirrors to fz1 - total cost $228

Oh well sh1t happens

Last edited by a moderator:
Yesterday I put the trim stripes on the LH saddlebag ,put both bags on the shelf to dry....This morning I said what the hell and went for a little ride up to the Beavers Bend , Ok. area ...No box or bags but full factory tank bag,bike handles better and was a little quicker without the luggage...Did about 300 miles today...Recieved proper ass eatin when I got home --- I forgot to put the spot tattletail in the big tank bag...Old woman worries too much, You would think she would learn something after nearly 50 years........of wedded hell
rolleyes.gif
no.gif
angel.gif