What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rode about 240 miles today with a few friends in 70 to 80 degree Sunny weather in San Diego County.
Took Sage Rd. in Hemet to the 79 to 76 to Mesa Grande Rd behind "The Hideout". Saw anoother 2008 Black FJR parked at The Hideout.

Took Mesa Grande back to the 79 and through Santa Ysabel through JULIAN and down the backside Banner Grade to S2.

Took S2 all the way to Ocotillo, stopped for a bite at a market in Ocotillo.

Haven't taken S2 all the way for years, usually take "Sunrise Highway" through Mnt. Laguna and loop back on the 79 past Lake Cuyamucca.

After the bite to eat in Ocotillo took Highway 8 all the way back to San Diego forgot how far that is, about 75 miles or so.

Took the 8 to the 15 North and home from there.

Great ride today in great weather!!
Ahh... My stompin' grounds. I used to live in a cabin directly above "The Hide Out" in 1992.
smile.png

I plan on riding out from AZ to Escondido April 14th for a family visit, And going to ride us95,62,177,10,86,s22,s2,79,76. Should be fun riding through my old haunts of Borrego,Henshaw,Palomar,And Escondido.
smile.png

Tested my "New to me" CeeBailey +2"windshield... 36 degrees on the way to work 33 on the way home... this sheild works AWESOME for me (6' 0")

AND... figured out (duh, why didnt i think of this earlier ) that the 2012 Factory Service Manual is same Yamaha Pub part number as the 2009 FSM (LIT-11616-22-73) I have been watchin on eBay...and click i did, and so, scored a genuine Yammy Pub for 45 bucks....

A good day indeed (a better day would have included taking the long way home...)

Rode about 240 miles today with a few friends in 70 to 80 degree Sunny weather in San Diego County.
Took Sage Rd. in Hemet to the 79 to 76 to Mesa Grande Rd behind "The Hideout". Saw anoother 2008 Black FJR parked at The Hideout.

Took Mesa Grande back to the 79 and through Santa Ysabel through JULIAN and down the backside Banner Grade to S2.

Took S2 all the way to Ocotillo, stopped for a bite at a market in Ocotillo.

Haven't taken S2 all the way for years, usually take "Sunrise Highway" through Mnt. Laguna and loop back on the 79 past Lake Cuyamucca.

After the bite to eat in Ocotillo took Highway 8 all the way back to San Diego forgot how far that is, about 75 miles or so.

Took the 8 to the 15 North and home from there.

Great ride today in great weather!!
Ahh... My stompin' grounds. I used to live in a cabin directly above "The Hide Out" in 1992.
smile.png

I plan on riding out from AZ to Escondido April 14th for a family visit, And going to ride us95,62,177,10,86,s22,s2,79,76. Should be fun riding through my old haunts of Borrego,Henshaw,Palomar,And Escondido.
smile.png
That's cool, how long did you live there??

If you want a co-pilot for some of your riding let me know!

been raining the last 2 days ah a bit of water is ok went for a ride anyway

was a good ride except for the cars

that own the road, going for a long one tommorow

Last edited by a moderator:
Took the bike out of winter storage today. Roads were fairly clear so I decided to get a head start on prepping for the seasons riding .

Took it to Jeff @ Motorsports plus for the rear shock rebuild and new spring, and Race Tech's Gold valve kit with new springs up front as well. We'll see what it's like in a week or so as he is somewhat backed up as the sledders are still coming in for service as well.

Jeff mentioned that a friend of ours had come in a couple of days earlier on TEX as Gramps is calling his new bike.

Later

-K

Had a good ride today around trip of 200klms was a good day stopped for lunch at the pub a couple of light beers a few hrs later back on the road home overall a good day out

Not today, but yesterday...I was too lazy to update this crap then...

Took it for a ride, then came home and changed the oil. I also mounted Garauld's radar detector bracket on my clutch reservoir. Since I had to take the cap off anyway, I decided to change the clutch and brake fluid.

I gotta say, I was amazed at how good it looked. Nothing like the first two times I changed it, where the fluid was cloudy and looked like crap. The fluid from the front brakes and clutch was clear, clean and smooth.

The rear brake fluid was a little more yellow, but still looked really good. Last time I logged a full change was April 1, 2011 when I added the SpeedBleeders; although, I know I have done the rear and clutch since then...It has been a while.

So...after changing all the fluid, I finished the bracket install. That bracket is bad-ass!! I drilled some holes to power the detector out of my glove box, but decided that I'm gonna need to install another outlet. I was smart and will need those holes for that install anyway.

All in all, a good afternoon working on the bike. She needed some love anyway.

And I Coulda sat on her and smoked like Odot, but that's a disgusting habit. Lol!!

Packed my bags and put them in the side cases. I'm heading out in the morning for a couple of weeks down the east cost and back.
bike.gif

Not today but yesterday finally got to get her out of winter storage. Since I don't have a garage I keep her at my brother -in -law's which kinda sucks since I miss out on those occasional days during the winter when I would have ridden if she was handy but being such a hassle to get over there I miss out. Besides I don't he'd appreciate me showing up at 5:00 AM in the morning when I usually leave for work.
bad.gif
At any rate a short jaunt home was enough to blow the cob webs outta my brain and now we're back in action again, let the games begin.
smile.png

I booked a week with my time share down in Gatlinburg TN. I plan on doing some riding next month. Ordered my new lid and it should be here this week. No, it is not Hi-Viz.
winksmiley02.gif

When you coming back Odie?
tonguesmiley.gif

Happy Easter to all, Dave

Got my 09 back from its first valve check at 31,000 miles. All valves in spec. But hey that inspection is expensive!!!

Bill

Gave her some new blood.........15/W50 MOBIL 1 and BOSCH 3323 long filter.

Just over 5,000 miles, gonna chnage it every 5,000 unless I put in Dino oil then every 3,000.

Even though Mobil 1 isn't full synth oil it's still very good.

Easiest oil change I ever did on a bike.

Gave her some new blood.........15/W50 MOBIL 1 and BOSCH 3323 long filter.
Just over 5,000 miles, gonna chnage it every 5,000 unless I put in Dino oil then every 3,000.

Even though Mobil 1 isn't full synth oil it's still very good.

Easiest oil change I ever did on a bike.
Why would you change it every 3k with standard oil? Where in any of the guides do you get a different spec for synthetic vs semi-synthetic vs conventional oil? The service interval is 4k, and I bet we could go 5k or longer without issue. Why spend the extra money on synthetic oils that have absolutely no benefit besides giving certain buyers some sense of false security that their not paying too much for the same thing??