What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Received and installed my Canyon Gage from the group buy today. The fit and finish was superb ... no grinding required!

cageleft_zpsb7221d2d.jpg

cageright_zpsab6d8603.jpg

Received and installed my Canyon Gage from the group buy today. The fit and finish was superb ... no grinding required!
cageleft_zpsb7221d2d.jpg

That Canyon Cage looks very nice. If my FJR wasn't already pretty well battle scarred I might have gotten one of those. Maybe if I ever get a newer FJR....

I added a second set of LEDs. The small ones are from ADV, the new large ones are some inexpensive 27 watt spots I got from Amazon.

LEDs_zps9dd3b7fa.jpg

cageleft_zpsb7221d2d.jpg

That Canyon Cage looks very nice. If my FJR wasn't already pretty well battle scarred I might have gotten one of those. Maybe if I ever get a newer FJR....
Yeah, I only have 35,000 miles on her and since she's cosmetically in great shape I thought the canyon cage was a good investment. I hope to keep this bike a very long time.

Purchased my 08 in Feb and have a thousand on her.great bike.yesterday I did the b-jumper and it smoothed her out down low!better idle and shift quality. Great mod and took 20 min.my factory numbers were 10 for all four cylinders.anyone else have matching numbers stock?

Installed a Power Commander 3 and a pair of Motech mirror extenders. Downloaded the Wally Smoothness map to try out. I also added a hi-low pair of Wolo horns (300-2T and 305-2T). Those fit in the stock location - hopefully they sound louder/better than the stock pathetic horns.

I am looking forward to a test ride in the morning. But first some sleep.
sleepysmileyanim.gif

Fired up the old girl & went for a ride with the guys, 34 degrease a typical day in Darwin , stopped for a beer

then we rode back to the club for a BBQ overall a great day with the guys & as usual the bike purred like a kitten

has to be the best bike iv owned to date

Scheduled an appointment for May 8th and have had like my 5th seat done at Rich's in Kingston. Amazing what a difference this makes, went from a butt sore in 30 minutes to all day of comfort and ready to keep riding. Great work Rich!!
yes2.gif

I decided I wanted to be a bit more conspicuous while riding at night, so I added a few reflective stickers....

1368407204524.jpg

Besides the obvious fractured stripe on the side case, I also added a strip on the angled frame.

207979c8-4e22-4104-a0d6-65a1e3e14d61.jpg

and the lower fork

78dbf95a-e87a-4e48-8225-c9a7cae008be.jpg

I think it should help

1368407512327.jpg
1368407457018.jpg

^^^---Also remounted the CT

Last edited by a moderator: