What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New rear brake pads, caliper seals, caliper bolt boots, shims and springs (what the FSM calls the stainless steel clips the pads set in). Easy job made slightly more difficult because I forgot to order new banjo bolt gaskets, so I left the brake line connected to the caliper while doing the work. Should be good for another 46k miles.

Today I locked my key in the glovebox. DUHHHHH

It isn't as secure as we might think ;)

No damages caused by this elder moment.

Parked in the reserved motorcycle area since someone turned me into HR for using a car space.
Bastages!!! GRRRRRRR,
What a load of crap for them to complain about you doing that. They are doing construction at our company so we temporarily lost our motorcycle parking and now I have to park in a regular spot and I complained about that today because it's farther away. At least we get to ride to work.

Dad was kind enough to drop his FJR off at my (wife's) house yesterday. "I thought you might have some things you wanted to do to it." He told me. "It has 792 miles worth of bugs and rainy weather riding since its last wash job, you can wash it too while you have it."

So, I changed the engine oil and filter, the final drive oil, then I washed it thoroughly. Then I installed the black reflective 3M stickers that cover the back of the saddlebags.

Went for a ride yesterday a round trip of 280klm, all was going well and then on the way back a front tire blow out at 110kph's was not a happy moment whilst going through a long sweeper, Luckily I kept upright and it was only 2Klm's to the local Pub & Service station .Had some lunch & out with the repair kit and the worked well then limped home for the next 80Klm's .

Today a new front tire A Pirelli Angel nice to be back in full control.

Next week we will go for another ride to Litchfield National Park to see Wangi Fall for a BBQ

Cheers

Ride Safe

Dad was kind enough to drop his FJR off at my (wife's) house yesterday. "I thought you might have some things you wanted to do to it." He told me. "It has 792 miles worth of bugs and rainy weather riding since its last wash job, you can wash it too while you have it."
So, I changed the engine oil and filter, the final drive oil, then I washed it thoroughly. Then I installed the black reflective 3M stickers that cover the back of the saddlebags.
I hope you also took it for a nice long ride, as a reward for helping out you Dad, as a dad myself it is nice to see

well done

I hope you also took it for a nice long ride, as a reward for helping out you Dad, as a dad myself it is nice to see

well done
Nah, I still have to install the MondoMoto LEDs on the front forks. Then I will have to ride it at night to "fine tune" and "adjust" the LED fog lamps. All in the interest of taking care of Dear Old Dad you understand.

I usually do the maintenance on his bike prior to our Annual Family Bike Trip. He is just a little ahead of schedule this year. And for what it is worth, I enjoy taking care of him and his bike. I sure as hell owe him more than that.

Just a little work on the Trunk Lights:

9uvejyzu.jpg

ge7e8a3e.jpg

well done
Nah, I still have to install the MondoMoto LEDs on the front forks. Then I will have to ride it at night to "fine tune" and "adjust" the LED fog lamps. All in the interest of taking care of Dear Old Dad you understand.

I usually do the maintenance on his bike prior to our Annual Family Bike Trip. He is just a little ahead of schedule this year. And for what it is worth, I enjoy taking care of him and his bike. I sure as hell owe him more than that.
Its good to hear you go on the family trips each year, I also still have the pleasure or going for a ride with my son also

Keep up the routine, all the best

After 2300 miles in 5 days (4400 total in about a month), the big girl and I have had enough of each other for a little while. She's resting in the stable, filthy of course...

Last edited by a moderator:
Parked in the reserved motorcycle area since someone turned me into HR for using a car space.
Bastages!!! GRRRRRRR,
What a load of crap for them to complain about you doing that. They are doing construction at our company so we temporarily lost our motorcycle parking and now I have to park in a regular spot and I complained about that today because it's farther away. At least we get to ride to work.
Well it seems the dilima has been resolved. Open spaces are exactly that! Anyone can park in them even motorcycles. Some folks have nothing better to do with there time I guess. We do have specific motorcycle parking during the summer months. Thing is I ride all year long. Not only that its not near the entrance where I go in. So what did I do today?

Rode to work and parked in the open parking! Fookem.

Finished applying Xpel adhesive clear vinyl to "key areas" of the plastic work. After looking at the side cases I decided to NOT try to apply them there, those curves are beyond my expertise.
weirdsmiley.gif

Well it seems the dilima has been resolved. Open spaces are exactly that! Anyone can park in them even motorcycles. Some folks have nothing better to do with there time I guess. We do have specific motorcycle parking during the summer months. Thing is I ride all year long. Not only that its not near the entrance where I go in. So what did I do today?
Seems fair to me. What's the difference between the soccer Mom who drives her Suburban to work (by herself) and takes up a parking spot and you riding a motorcycle?

Now what they could do (in addition to having the premium location designated parking area) is to have carpooler parking area where people that ride-share can park closer. It would be a pain to regulate that though.

Seems fair to me. What's the difference between the soccer Mom who drives her Suburban to work (by herself) and takes up a parking spot and you riding a motorcycle?

Now what they could do (in addition to having the premium location designated parking area) is to have carpooler parking area where people that ride-share can park closer. It would be a pain to regulate that though.
Funny you say that, They do have a program that the state gives you some of my hard working tax payer dollers if you do commute with another coworker. They did a big kickoff a couple of weeks ago. Not a damb thing for motorcycle that gets twice the milieage of the big saburbon soccer moms though.

not sure who spelled suburban right though. my bet is on you.
winksmiley02.gif

Dave

Stopped by the dealer to schedule my first valve check. I had bought a Service Contract and the Service Manager worked with me to keep enough on it to do the valve check before my contract expired. Got to talk to the tech and asked if he would fill a sheet out for me from the forum on what the valves measure out to. Said he fills a sheet out on his own bikes the same way. I did this with them the first time to keep my YES in good standing for down the road. Have to say I love my Dealers Service guys and Tech but the owner is an ass! Anyway should know the score next Wednesday and will post in the poll. I always lay a 20 on the tech and like his work. I think if there is a questionable one he will do the right thing for me. Will get the Throttle Bodies synced on their nifty electronic gauge, let them put in a new air filter, and of course new antifreeze. He asked me if I wanted ICE or the standard pre-mix and I said pre mix for sure. What it has been running since they changed it at two years under the contract which is why the owner is a Dick. I had to fight with him that it is not mileage but time and he still pissed and moaned. Can only say the next valve check is on me but as I said I wanted this on for my YES so no issues down the road if the worst happens.

Speedbleeder question

mishacycles.com Fellow FJR rider. Nice guy. Make sure you get the right amount: 2 front, 2 rear, 1 clutch.
Be sure to mention you ride, you'll get a little discount. Plus you'll be getting the real deal, not the el-cheapo knockoffs they sell at advance auto.
Ok I purchased the speedbleeders and installed for the rear brake (front and back). Most definitely a one man job now and no fears of sucking air back up into the line. BUT, I do have a question. Even when fully seated it seems to me that there's an awful lot of thread exposed...about 1/4 of and inch. Is this everyone else's experience with the SB8125L?

speedbleeder-1_zps540023b0.jpg