What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finished up installing a very nice set of Speigler braided stainless steel brake lines. Got them from a forum member here last year, still in the factory packaging and included Speed Bleeders. Got 'em cheap.

I don't know who the hell posted that installing these were a big huge PITA, I'm telling you that they were

ABSOLUTELY CORRRECT!!!!!
banghead.gif

It was me.

And now you know why I didn't move the brake lines from the '06' to the '10'.

I will have to say they did help with the feel of the brakes. Lots more that the aftermarket rotors I installed first.

I knew it was you! Your post helped me postpone this task, but I had the plastic off for other projects and the Spieglers kept calling from the bench. The brackets for the front lines was the hardest part, mostly because I'm picky. Modded the factory brackets, a little welding, they look almost factory.

Today the bleeding begins.........

Installed my Throttlemeister for my Banff trip in July - Biggest pain was getting the friction under the heated grip, No issue with the glue just there seems to be a step just behind the edge that i struggled to get under - I eventually used the thin end of a handle of a plastic spoon ( the sort used for parties) to carefully lever up the grip and slide the friction ring under- once i got it all the way round - went on in 5 mins- will test it tomorrow - also be handy for my next Unofficial TBS

Last edited by a moderator:
Pulled the tank and removed the air-injection. Couldn't find plugs for the ports so I made them out of aluminum on my South Bend lathe. Going to get new spark plugs on Monday - forks arrive from Traxxion on Tuesday.

Today I handed the keys to my wife. It's her first time ever to ride the FJR and the heaviest bike she has ever ridden. She is out on the road as I type this. I'm a bit nervous!

2gtchzn.jpg

v2uttu.jpg

2rhv4ia.jpg

Edit: She's back! She loved the bike and plans to steal it for cold weather commuting.

Cheesy, did you breathe a sigh of relief when she returned and both her and the bike appeared in same condition as when they left?
coolsmiley02.gif

Covered my bike with sawdust from running the table saw that now resides in the garage along with everything else and you guys thought I couldn't get anymore stuff in my garage....... ppfffff.
tonguesmiley.gif

I now have to take the FJR out for a ride to get rid of all the sawdust on it.

Cheesy, did you breathe a sigh of relief when she returned and both her and the bike appeared in same condition as when they left?
coolsmiley02.gif
Yep, a big sigh of relief. I wouldn't have been so nervous but every time she has sat on it in the past she would talk about how heavy the bike felt. I was worried she would psych herself out and drop it. But, now that she finally got the courage up to give it a try, she finds the weight to be a non issue.

I think she is going to absolutely love the FJR on her long commute in the cold weather, and when she gets caught in the rain. Luckily, I can't commute by motorcycle so we won't be fighting over who gets to ride it. There is one downside for her though. Now that she can ride my bike, I'm going to want to switch off with her when we go on rides together in 90 degree+ temps. Her R1200R is the best hot weather bike I've ever been on.

She could have gotten you really good by parking around the block and walk back to say she needs help picking up the bike out of the neighbors yard.
rolleyes.gif
kidding aside glad she liked it and was able to handle it.

After a day spent riding mountain roads in western Ma. which are little better than skid trails, I'm off to the shop to see if I can cobb up a skid plate.. Lucky to have no damage..

I finally mounted a new set of PR2s. Two of my daughters stopped by, one brought my granddaughter and the other brought her boyfriend, so I had plenty of help and spectators.

I got to take the wife for a nice Easter ride on my new ES.
I hope you actually took your shiny new bike out of the garage before you started riding your wife, Tom.
wink.png

I got to take the wife for a nice Easter ride on my new ES.
Me too! Beautiful day... 75 and sunny!
You rode your wife on Easter too? Man, this must be some of that new religion I've been hearing about...

After a day spent riding mountain roads in western Ma. which are little better than skid trails, I'm off to the shop to see if I can cobb up a skid plate.. Lucky to have no damage..
Time to buy a second bike maybe? One with a little more ground clearance.
laugh.png

I finally mounted a new set of PR2s. Two of my daughters stopped by, one brought my granddaughter and the other brought her boyfriend, so I had plenty of help and spectators.
Sometimes with "help" like that it makes the job take longer, but is still more enjoyable, right?
wink.png

Sometimes with "help" like that it makes the job take longer, but is still more enjoyable, right?
wink.png
Yes. It took over 4 hours to swap 2 tires, but it was all fun.
smile.png