What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Waxed it for the first time (and probably last time) ever. Sure cleans up nice. So I took it for a ride and now it's covered in ass again.
Don't you have the 3M protective film on the bike? No need for wax?

All I did to my bike today was install the MV Motorrad handlebar riser plate.

154 pages of this drivel? Really?

flirt.gif

BTW......riding with a large group of riders to that Steak house that's in your little town (or near there) on Saturday the 28th.
PM me or tell me more! Would like to meet ya'll and if possible show some roads you won't normally see.

..Uhh,how large is a 'large' group of riders?

BTW......riding with a large group of riders to that Steak house that's in your little town (or near there) on Saturday the 28th.
PM me or tell me more! Would like to meet ya'll and if possible show some roads you won't normally see.

..Uhh,how large is a 'large' group of riders?
It's the LOADING CHUTE.

It's a International Kawasaki ZRX get together.

Probably 25 to 35 riders,

We're riding the 58 from MORRO BAY VIA the 41 (South on the 101 to 58) to TAFT and back, unless there's fuel in McKittrick, one of the guys said there's no fuel there but I found a CHEVRON and a TEXCO listed in Mckittrick.

Do you know if they are still open??

You're welcome to join us if you want!

Last edited by a moderator:
Waxed it for the first time (and probably last time) ever. Sure cleans up nice. So I took it for a ride and now it's covered in ass again.
Don't you have the 3M protective film on the bike? No need for wax?

All I did to my bike today was install the MV Motorrad handlebar riser plate.
The 3M film takes wax nicely. Wiping off the bike I noticed the bugs come off much easier. Maybe their is something to this waxing thing.

Nah...

Over the weekend I installed the Yamaha Touring Windscreen and stopped by The Dragon for a sticker. Rode 600-ish miles with the new screen and I think I'll be putting it back on the shelf until the weather is much cooler.

iSjYiufl.jpg

wRvn0Jgl.jpg

Z6KCi3ql.jpg

VQTA8iQl.jpg

After washing mine I "waxed" it with Rejex, nothing sticks but the shine. I was pretty impressed, when I went to wipe dead bugs off the shield and they came off easy. I have not washed it since I came home from my 1900 mile trip to the COG national though.

So, I bit the bullet and installed an AdMore light bar. Having more light on the back is something I've thought about often.

I mounted mine using the supplied bracket screwed to the bottom of my license plate.
DSCN4070_zps771cdda1.jpg

I drilled a couple holes and installed rubber grommets for cable routing.
DSCN4071_zpsf394092b.jpg

DSCN4073_zps198540f0.jpg

I used the AdMore plug & play adapter and routed the cable up from where the rear lights plug is. The cable from the lite bar is routed outboard of the storage tray.
DSCN4074_zpsc9e5b00d.jpg

And finally I drilled a few small holes in the fender underside gusset to zip tie the cable in place.

DSCN4077_zps138b5448.jpg

Yesterday was Oil & Filter, Final Drive, New Rubber (Shinko Verge 2X - Front & Rear), installed my new Garmin Zumo 590LM, USB Charger under the rear seat, and a 100 mile test ride.....successful day but still working out the bugs in the Zumo. Today it is raining.

Pop watched while I changed his spark plugs. Then he watched while I changed his oil and filter. Then he watched while I cleaned everything up.

Well, he did help some...

I was surprised to find the spark plugs to be relatively loose. About hand tight really. Then I was surprised to find that they were CR9E when I thought they were supposed to be CR8E.

I did all this maintenance because we are supposed to be leaving Friday the 4th on a little trip Out West.

Got back from a 1250 mile weekend with some Kawasaki ZRX riders in MORRO BAY.

Great time riding the coast Highway 1 to Monterey for lunch last Friday and Saturday ride across the 58 to TAFT and back to Morro Bay.

Dinner at DORN'S in Morro Bay Saturday night.

You know you're in a pricy restaurant when there's a lot of silverware, lots of pictures on the wall of people that have been there and a plate of Pasta is $20.00!!!

I got the Dorn burger, I wouldn't get it again.

Great riding weekend though, no downed riders and no riding awards from the po po.

(we were doing triple digits for quite awhile on the 58, only averaged 36 MPG for the ride!)

Also didn't run into any "Pirate Parades" all weekend surprised!

Last edited by a moderator:
Adjusted the handlebars back to the closest position.

Sweet jeebuz, if I had known it would turn into a 3 hour ordeal I would never have started it, especially to gain a measly 1/4"!

Sweet jeebuz, if I had known it would turn into a 3 hour ordeal I would never have started it, especially to gain a measly 1/4"!
Then you were doing it wrongly ;) .

Then you were doing it wrongly
wink.png
No doubt! Did you, like, do one, have lunch, nap, then do the other or what
uhoh.gif
? You must have come across an extremely usual circumstance for it to take that long. What happened?

The each bar mounts with a bolt and a nut. The bolt acts as a pivot anchor. The nut, its the main hold down. The nut threads on to a 'movable' stud. That stud.. she only pivots, but you need the base to move. But she doesn't move.

Between the immovable stud, and the lack of freeplay in the wiring/hoses, all conspired against me in what appeared to be a 15 minute job. I finally got everything lined up and the dowels in their proper holes in a hot garage on a beautiful sunny day.

Net result was moving the bars closer to me by a whopping 1/4" Guess I won't need helibars now.