What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing to mine. Worked on Dad's instead. Changed the oil and filter, and changed the final drive oil. The Mobil 1 synthetic that came out of the final drive looked like it did when I put it in. I am not feeling very smart about it but I bought a $21 bottle of Royal Purple gear oil because that was the only thing I was willing to buy from the local O'Reilly Auto Parts.

I always feel better after I change the fluids in these bikes and Pop seemed happy to have it done also.

I wiped of the Bavarian bugs off the windshield from Leavenworth. Packing the bike and getting ready to head to Bend Oregon.

Using Twiggs suggestion from another thread, I hit the local Goodwill with tape measure in hand. Found a saucepan that was just the right size. Next stop was the local hardware store for some 1" long bolts and corresponding nuts. A little Dremel and drill work later and I've got a nice secure mount bolted to the passenger peg for my 1 gallon Coleman jug. Hydration issue fixed! (I hope)

Burns1

Packed her soft cases, my homemade tailbag, and filled the bike pouch for NAFO. Rode her gently to work, whispering of adventures tomorrow morning before dawn.

PAIR system removed, WynPro plates in stalled, oil and filter changed, Barbarian Jumper Mod done, and Throttle Body Sync all in 100+ degree garage. Then a short ride with a few trips to 8k rpm.

bike.gif

Broke my promise to blue streak of bringing her out of the hot texas heat for a few days. It's 100 f'ing degrees here in Montana! - had we only known....

This weekend: Shuffled 'er around the garage several times to work on other vehicles.

This afternoon: Rode 'er up to the store for a pack of smokes (hey -- riding the Feej is a great excuse for hopping off of the "quit-smoking" bandwagon for a bit)

Did some rithMuhTick and discovered KrZy8 is 24k since last valve check.

Will dCarver have the balz to check clearances or have a pro do it?

I did a little ride Sunday towards the west. Left out at 11am-ish, the thermometer was already pushing 90, so I decided to jet to interstate for that fabled 70 mph A/C. Ha! That's a good one!! When I jumped off I-40 west in Statesville, NC the ambient temp according to the bike's display was 99*F. Stopped for a quick water break- instant sweat. Got to Lenoir, NC; temp dropped to a balmy 95. Quick burger & gas and up Hwy 90 I go. It's about 20 miles from Lenoir to where the pavement ends. Still 93-95. Another 12 miles or so to where the state hwy ends- goofy how they do it. I guess they pave the very beginning so when going south you think you've got it made then bam! more dirt and gravel. Anywho, at hwy end I make a left onto Roseboro Rd knowing it's about 5 miles of up. Up to the Blue Ridge Parkway, all dirt. It's 79* when I cross the Parkway to go to Linville another 5 miles down the road, this time all paved. Butt break, water break and off I go on 221 to Blowing Rock then down, down, down into the 97* heat and back home again. It's was nice up yonder while it lasted.

IMG_20160724_162926285_zps1nuzsx0l.jpg

IMG_20160724_163005803_zpszcazjnjp.jpg

IMG_20160724_163731040_zpspg2sfelp.jpg

IMG_20160724_170044391_zpscui3rz3v.jpg

About 334 mile ride. Not too bad distance-wise, butt still perfectly fine on the stock seat :razz:. And not even a hint of rain- nothing but bright, hot sunshine all day.

Latest posts