What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally finished my Rostra install. Works flawlessly now. It does take a little getting used to being able to take my right hand off of the throttle and maintain speed, but I think I'll get the hang of it. :)

Replaced the CCT today. Not too bad of a job. I highly recommend getting an 8mm or 5/16" ignition wrench or a half moon wrench for the bottom bolt near the frame. Changing the spark plugs tomorrow.

90th consecutive day without riding! I figure another three weeks (or more) to go. Winters in the Northeast suck.

I am planning a drive down to Halifax N.S. next weekend (car) to go to a motorcycle show. That will be a nice distraction for a few hours. Looking at some dual sport possibilities.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to read of your 90 day riding drought Ross.
not_i.gif

Went out this morning in the rain to put day 343 to rest. Got email confirmation my new tires have shipped and should be here on Monday. Picked up oil and final drive lube for maintenance later this week. Picked up a used Givi SR357 rack that I need to pick up hardware for. Going to be busy next week with doing some service on the bike in preparation for Tour of Honor.

Rode my new to me 06 for our first 100+ miles. Bike did well, as expected, and I did well for my first longer distance ride since my crash. Left leg and big toe hurt quite a bit at end, but bodes well for a riding return come springtime. Woohoo
Great to here, Bob...I did ride mine to work today

Similar thought crossed my mind (riding to work) but too soon to push it, besides, I-77 northbound in Richfield has some whoops I could get air off of. Can't believe they opened that stretch of pavement to traffic. Low bidder at work...

Had a hospital appointment this morning (routine eye pressure monitoring), parking is free for bikes (and travel time is much reduced than the car). The plan was to ride to the dealer afterwards to dump the bike there for its 600 mile serviced, booked for Wednesday - we are guaranteed sufficient snow over the next few days that would prevent me from taking it in on Wednesday morning.

When I got up this morning, the snow was already falling, not much, but settling on my road. I don't "do" snow, so I took the car. Came back after the consultant said "All fine, keep taking the eye-drops" (and after paying the parking fine charge) to find, not only had the snow stopped, it had evaporated sufficiently from the road to get the bike out.

So a quick call to Son to organise picking me up, and I rode the bike to the dealer. Thank goodness for my heated vest, it was c-c-c-cold.

We are getting winds that originated in Siberia, and expect many days of severe (by UK standards) weather. I suspect I won't be able to pick my bike up for a week or more, depending on when they service it and when the weather gods choose to co-operate.

Rode it to work this morning. Temps in the low 40's with a forecast in the 50's for this afternoon. Started gathering up hardware for my newly acquired Givi SR357. Much of what we do here is still standard stuff so not enough metric fasteners here to fill out my shopping list. Managed to grab a few pieces and have one of our machinists making me the spacers that I need. I'll stop at a local hardware store tonight and gather up the remaining bolts and washers I need. Day 344 consecutive.

Chatted on FB over the weekend with Blaine Paulus the gentleman from PA who was featured in the Revzilla Common Thread link I've posted. Feb. 21of this year marked 6,575 consecutive days for him riding 10 miles or more without fail. That makes his 18th anniversary. That is truly a man with an Iron Butt!

Left it in the carport and covered it up. After a couple of warm days and some riding we're back into our normal Cold Big Wet we call "winter".

Pulled a quickie ride Sunday for two BMR bonii. Have I told you guys how I LOVE riding on the sidewalk? BMR gives me plenty of excuses to use the "motorcycle entrance ramps" located at sidewalk corners!

20180225072418-20180225072418-1519572122134.jpg

20180225070815-20180225070815-1519571175927.jpg

That computer drivel gibberish at the bottom is something that only RenoJohn can read.

Been lazy, went around the block two weeks ago. To busy to ride.

Uncle Hud, did you change your plate?

Dave

Changed oil, filter, and final drive oil after work. New tires on my porch when I got home should get installed this weekend. Day 345 and nice weather forecast for tomorrow.

08FJR4ME posted: ..... Uncle Hud, did you change your plate?
Dave
Wife suggested "Fireball" after the

. (Don't ask me; I have no idea what women think.) Georgia, being the bassackward state we are, only allows 6 characters in the license plate. Hence: FYRBAL.
And yes, when I'm in a hurry, the FJR looks like a comet with a flaming trail behind her. Ask any Georgia State Patrol officer in metro Atlanta.
coolsmiley02.gif

PS: The name on the placard is just somebody's identity I stole after I got out of Sing Sing in 1996.

Installed an Ohlins shock on my '13. If anyone else does this, it is possible to mount the remote ride height adjuster as long as you don't follow the instructions. It's a tight fit behind the boot guard sticking off the back of the peg mount.

IMG_20180225_151350687-M.jpg

IMG_20180225_151539300-M.jpg

IMG_20180225_164703203-M.jpg