What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rode it to the airport and left it in the parking garage. My two waterproof loboo 66L bags come off in seconds.

Removed a 7 year old BT 23 tire and installed a T30 and went for a ride. The 23 was welded to the rim and the bead had been seated incorrectly, causing a vibration. Soo much better now. This bike has been sleeping way too long. It’s coming alive.

Removed a 7 year old BT 23 tire and installed a T30 and went for a ride. The 23 was welded to the rim and the bead had been seated incorrectly, causing a vibration. Soo much better now. This bike has been sleeping way too long. Its coming alive.
How many miles on the bike?

Last edited by a moderator:
I patted the Gray Ghost as I wheeled "Bestia de Azul" out for a nice little 150 mile run through the back roads and gravel/dirt byways of the Black Hills. Pre-Running a few of the Dual Sport/Adventure roads. Only saw snow once, I did have to drag a few trees off one road. Looking good for the Black Hills Roundup II!

16k. Probably third front of PO. Tread looked good and short freezing 20f test ride I didn’t notice vibe, thought it was my teeth. Mounting the new was so easy compared to breaking the bead and dismounting old front.

Nice,little 150 mile jaunt yesterday, lunch in Alzada MT then down my favorite road to Hulett WY, then East to Belle Fourche on WY 24/SD 34. Great ride, few cars, no forest rats, lots of high speed sweepers.

Rode her to work after seven days of not riding. Surprised to realize I hadn't forgotten how!

I installed a tire pressure monitoring kit. It's pretty cool, but I couldn't figure out why it said E2 S2...or why it thinks I'm going southeast...
headscratch.gif

20180529.png

Then I realized it was mounted upside down and my tire pressure was REALLY LOW!!
icon_crackup.gif
laugh6.gif
Jack.gif

20180529_184651.jpg

Zero speed drop to the right. Scratched mirror and RH lower fairing a little. Slight bend in muffler at clamp (slip ons). Gonna live with it.

Injured right shoulder 18 mos ago slip-n-fall on icy steps. Still fighting it.

Was just riding to work. Stopped to pull out on divided highway from stop sign. Realized that right arm wasnt responding properly as approaching/passing gravity point of no return.

Trying to further arrest the descent didnt do the shoulder any favors either.

Not sure when am gonna climb back on. Sigh.

This week, got he RSIIIs removed and put on good tires. Pulled the levers and cleaned and lubed everything. Cleaned and lubed brake and shift pivots as best I could without complete disassembly. Bought a new topcase. Sold my two older top cases. Headed to the mountains.

Got the RSIIIs removed ... and put on a new set. Old ones werent fully used up, but we will be heading up north in three weeks. Headed WAY up north, so got new rubber, new rear brake pads, and new oil for the trip. Hope the Dunlop $75 rebate card gets here before we leave. :)

Flushed old coolant and put in fresh. Changed power switch for my Clearwater lights because the little LED indicator quit working and it bugged me. Test drive and stopped for fuel. Rode it for day 440 consecutive.

First +40 miles back road ride on DRY ROADS (Asheville to Old Fort, NC) with new car tire installed a week ago. Lots of wet road riding in past week so I could not ride at a sprited pace. Did have lots of gravel and a few pieces of missing road in some places. My very old spare phone did not like my driving so it decided to jump off at 45mph. Still works but lots of cracks.

Discovered the hard cases are not mirror images. Kellys helmet fits in starbord side but not port side ... ?

Eh?