What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Changed the oil and filter. Changed the final drive oil.

Took this well worn Bridgestone 023 GT spec rear off:

July12012Bridgestone023tirechange8980miles3.jpg

And replaced it with this:

July12012Bridgestone023tirechange8980miles6.jpg

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

All is right with the Universe once again. :)

The car tire already has 9,000 miles on it, but had to burn through some moto tires I already had in inventory. I mean, with that car tire, they would have been sitting there for years! A good 20-30k miles left on that Exalto. :D

Way too big for you, you crazy phucker.

A cigar tube would be more like it.

:finger:
Aye but your right foreskin face, In my defense I submit this shot of my cigar before I allowed it to be tubed

cigar-repair_1122736i.jpg

Put that in yer pipe an smoke it

Last edited by a moderator:
Did a little digging...for a good cause! ;)

UnderTool3.jpg

--G
Hmmm... Well that sure doesn't look like you found it in the nose faring. ;) That's closer to where it resides on a 1st gen.
Yep, looks like we've had a running change, at least on '09s. Makes one wonder if the nose position was leading to premature failures...

--G

Last edited by a moderator:
Did a little digging...for a good cause! ;)

UnderTool3.jpg

--G
Hmmm... Well that sure doesn't look like you found it in the nose faring. ;) That's closer to where it resides on a 1st gen.
Yep, looks like we've had a running change, at least on '09s. Makes one wonder if the nose position was leading to premature failures...

--G
G. Looks like same on 08s also but some relays indicated still in front fairing up higher, now to figure out which affects screen motor.

Reversed ground battery // fuse block wire.

Reinstalled dash panel

Lost my phone.

Emailed friends.."hey call me"

Tried to sign up for Skype

Screw Skype

Found a free call my phone website

Found phone.

Did I mention..Skype?! Hey Skype "fuck yourself"

Finally I get to add something here!

Yesterday was the right side heat mod, this AM was the left side heat mod. Next will be a GPS mount. Maybe double deck the radar detector mount?

Changed my oil, Changed coolant, Changed coolant, Changed coolant.

After it cools down enough to uncork and recheck, I'm gonna put the plastic back in place and wash it.

If the afternoon storms haven't started by then I might get in a few miles of ride time.

With both sides done I made a little road trip. Temp here is 99 right now and I gotta say these mods made a big difference. Still hot out but now my legs are just as hot out in the slipstream as they are tucked in. Quite the success. Now to insulate the tank.

When out in the shop and pulled up the cover and looked at it...then looked at the outside temperature...then put cover back down and went inside.

The wife and I rode to the Atlanta area (just over two hours away), went to Trader Joe's and REI, ate lunch and rode home.

Mounted and balanced a BT023 GT rear tire. I'll tackle the front this weekend. Getting ready for a trip to Colorado. Looking forward to some mountain scenery.