What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brought it home from the dealer and then peeled off the two warning stickers with the help of my wife's hair dryer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Brought it home from the dealer and then peeled off the two warning stickers with the help of my wife's hair dryer.
What warning stickers?

I haven't been warned!
Yeah - silly stuff about always wearing a helmet and not using abrasive crud on the windshield. And I sure hit a nerve with Howie on that one, so I guess I'll have to apologize for being out of line. The main point was clearly missed - I noticed others posting here when they took delivery of their brand new FJR, and I thought I'd just add a silly little extra note at the end because someone was wondering how to remove those stickers in another thread.

Sorry for blowing it, RadioHowie

Ok, so on day 1.5 of ownership, I'm still doing some small tasks to get things up to par.

• Set idle to 1100 RPM's
  • Installed OES frame sliders (std size with white logo)

Then I came inside to take a Norco and am feeling pretty good right now :)

Ok, so on day 1.5 of ownership, I'm still doing some small tasks to get things up to par.

• Set idle to 1100 RPM's
  • Installed OES frame sliders (std size with white logo)

Then I came inside to take a Norco and am feeling pretty good right now :)
I did that on the second day.

The first day I peeled off the two warning stickers with the help of my wife's hair dryer. :lol:

Decided I was going for a ride back be damned!!!! Sun for the first time in 3 days and I felt decent.

Made it maybe 20 feet.... and wham o!!! :blink:

Lightning bolt to the spine an' tipped over when I stopped :angry03:

No damage to bike as the wet ground is pretty soft..

This is really starting to piss me off <_<

Mounted a PR2 on the front end to match the one I installed on the rear about a month ago. Nice new smooth turning tire makes me ready for NERDS. Woo Hoo! :yahoo:

Today I rigged up some nylon strap and buckles to mount my new (to me) cortech tail bag on the rear seat. Now my laptop has a place to ride. My attempt to install some early type v strom hand guards was interupted by the discovery that I need some fancy special pivot bolts, or perhaps suitable bushings.

Decided I was going for a ride back be damned!!!! Sun for the first time in 3 days and I felt decent.

Made it maybe 20 feet.... and wham o!!! :blink:

Lightning bolt to the spine an' tipped over when I stopped :angry03:

No damage to bike as the wet ground is pretty soft..

This is really starting to piss me off <_<
My heart goes out to you...or maybe I just have gas...

You are 1 year and 1 week older than me. I don't like the idea that I may not be able to ride so soon.

So, do me a favor and get fixed! Have a geisha girl walk on you, get a bidet so you don't have to twist so much....

What did you do to your FJR today?

There are probably a lot of things folks do to their FJRs that may not warrant a whole new topic. This thread is a place to post such things.

I'm kind of surprised there isn't already a thread like this here already, so mods feel free to delete this if I missed it somehow.
Installed a new battery and replaced the failed 30A relay in my FJRandy horn wiring. It's great to have real horns again.

Okie

Think the weather scared some folks away so just a former co-worker (Stevie the R1 Guy) and I rode about 400 miles round-trip to visit Mt Mitchell State Park in western NC. Now I know for you west-coasties it's really no big deal but for us over here on the right coast this is as high as it gets.

DSCN2256.jpg

DSCN2261.jpg

DSCN2259.jpg

DSCN2262.jpg

Couldn't see a darned thing from the top, we were in the clouds

DSCN2260.jpg

DSCN2258.jpg

Buried at the top is the man for which the mountain is named

DSCN2263.jpg

DSCN2264.jpg

Didn't get any pics but this NC State Park has a restaurant about 2 miles from the summit. Stevie and I ate there, a little pricey as expected but good. All in all a nice ride with a little rain.

Also, as is typical, there's always something most memorable about a ride. This time it was this car dealership near Morganton, NC on I-40.

DSCN2255.jpg

ibago007.jpg

ibago001.jpg

ibago003.jpg

Thursday afternoon,

return017.jpg

return007.jpg

friday , several stops while heading home.

I gave it a bath today and fabbed up a rear rack to support the case better,

Rode to the Flying Biscuit Cafe in Peachtree City and then rode out in the country. Beautiful morning with temps in the 60's!!! I repeat temps in the 60's!!! Weather about gave me a stiffy and got me excited for Fall!!!

Scrambled eggs with swiss cheese, Applewood smoked bacon, Buttermilk biscuit, Creamy Dreamy Grits, Orange scented French Toast with Honey creme & raspberry sauce. Mmmmmmm.

Food1.jpg

Food2.jpg

Zebulon Train Station on the way back home.

0729120930.jpg