What's the Weather like where YOU are today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Over 3.5 months since a weather post - some sort of record, I think.

Atlantic Canada (New Brunswick, in particular) is currently being hammered by a winter Nor'easter. At least the temperatures have come up to the 20's (°F) which will be some consolation when I have to spend a couple hours with a snowblower tomorrow AM so I can go to work. One to two feet of snow with winds gusting over 50 mph makes for a mess. I understand that the whole US east coast has been hit with this as well (friend of mine got caught in snow yesterday in North Carolina while driving to Florida). At least most of us in the Northeast have snow tires and municipalities (and highway departments) are equipped with plows, sand and salt to deal with the aftermath.

Our respite from the last couple of weeks of VERY cold weather will, however, be short-lived. Back to temperatures below zero (°F) tomorrow evening.

Fuck winter!

Last edited by a moderator:
We are in the grips of the lowest two week value of the integral of Tdt in our recorded history. Water mains are breaking. Houses that have seen many winters are bursting water pipes. Heat pumps cant keep up. We have been colder before, but the lack of even one day for thawing is unprecedented.

Even one of my pipes, running through a wall adjacent to a heated space, burst. Ruined the great room ceiling, but otherwise ok.

No thaw for another 48 hours. Must be some kinda record.

We are heading for an overnight low of -28C, -19F and the wind chill heading for -40 C/F(it's the same).

Yeh

Chris

Right at freezing pre-dawn this morning...43 degrees at 12 noon. I was so cold while asleep that my shivering was so violent, it woke me up. Made a cup of hot tea, wrapped a heating pad around my feet and plopped my not-so-fat-ass down in my La-Z-Boy and fired up the laptop to see whose life I could make miserable. Turned the heat on when I got up, but down here in Flatistan, heat pumps don't work that great when temps are under 38 or so degrees, so I'm still sitting here shivering uncontrollably. It's what happens when you lose 120 pounds after a serious injury. Plus, with my accident-induced dain bramage, I've got piss-poor circulation to my extremities, so I get cold real easily.

'Howie

Mid-morning and it's mid 50s at 3,000 feet and raining lightly here. Not raining hard enough for bugnatr to need to be out riding, but maybe he could adjust for that by riding in his underwear only.

Just read that frozen iguanas are falling out of the trees there in Florida, Howie - that's cryogenically nuts! But if you're using your predawn hours to see who you can make miserable, I guess that's some sign that you're getting your mojo back. Most of us are hoping so.

RadioHowie posted: Right at freezing pre-dawn this morning...43 degrees at 12 noon. I was so cold while asleep that my shivering was so violent, it woke me up. Made a cup of hot tea, wrapped a heating pad around my feet and plopped my not-so-fat-ass down in my La-Z-Boy and fired up the laptop to see whose life I could make miserable. Turned the heat on when I got up, but down here in Flatistan, heat pumps don't work that great when temps are under 38 or so degrees, so I'm still sitting here shivering uncontrollably. It's what happens when you lose 120 pounds after a serious injury. Plus, with my accident-induced dain bramage, I've got piss-poor circulation to my extremities, so I get cold real easily.
'Howie
Great to hear from you, sir! Sorry about the cold, but we've got bucketloads of it here, too.

Might even snow again on Monday night. Two snows in one winter? Armageddon!

45 and raining here. We haven't had shit for winter Yet but I'm sure it will catch up.

45 and raining here. We haven't had shit for winter Yet but I'm sure it will catch up.
Good, then you're not out shoveling and making the hernia worse.
tonguesmiley.gif

It's colder here in Atlanta than New York, Boston, Bangor, Denver, Anchorage, Fairbanks, West Yellowstone.

Heck, the western half of Montana is in the 40's. Right now 9:30 EST..

Right now at lunchtime, 37 feels wonderful.

I think I'll eat my baloney sandwich outside to try to keep my tan.

*edit* single digits in the last few days have been a problem...

Mid 50's right now, 60 by 1400. The Blue Beast is ready for a ride just as soon as I get the Ice off the driveway.

Salt Spread and about to scrape the path through the ice!

Woo Hoo Riding in January!

So far the mildest winter since I moved here. Actually graded the road yesterday and hope to ride tomorrow.
smile.png