When I get too old for two wheels

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CAJW

Reaction score
Makes me smile every time I watch this. Key points (for those of you like me that have a short attention span) :30 ignition, 1:07 afterburner firing, 1:16 cherry red exhaust, 2:00 removal of 2x4 parking brake, oh hell, watch the rest of it, pretty cool project!

I think the suspension needs an upgrade
weirdsmiley.gif

Geez John, flying helicopters isn't enough for you?

Did you notice he never strapped his helmet at 1:50? Better teach him how to do a pre flight check list
uhoh.gif

w
blink.png
w...jet turbo boost. This brings back memories of pre-legal driving years racing my purple Power Products 2 stroke at Elkhorn Sluogh Go-Kart Raceway near Moss Landing, CA in the 60's.

... just shows that one can accomplish almost anything with enough time on one's hands.

Reminds me of what Tim the Toolman Taylor did when his show was over and moved to the UK after he got bored with the Chevy 327 engine in his lawnmower. Pretty neat! :)

Maybe before jumping straight to 4 wheels it would help to transition through 3 wheels first. Ease into using a steering wheel and car tire first. This particular model uses the BMW 1600 engine, but can be had with a bunch of other engines like the Ninja 1400 or even a Harley.

t-rex-16s.jpg

t-rex-16s-1.jpg

t-rex-16s-11.jpg

Saw that at the show last month. I thought those top-cases on either side of the rear wheel looked like an after-thought and didn't quite fit with the rest of it.

I think that go kart needs a Harley sticker on it. Makes a lot of noise and doesn't go very fast. ;)

The acceleration of the jet kinda sucks. Drop a nice midsized bike engine in and gear it right and the cart would fly.

Yeah, perhaps us 60+-ers think about one day hanging up the spurs, but I kinda think I'd like to tone it down than go with a jet..... three-wheeler sounds better to me.........

I think that go kart needs a Harley sticker on it. Makes a lot of noise and doesn't go very fast.
wink.png

The acceleration of the jet kinda sucks. Drop a nice midsized bike engine in and gear it right and the cart would fly.
I suspect the little Honda 4-stroke that powers the oil and fuel pumps would make it run just about as fast.

Maybe before jumping straight to 4 wheels it would help to transition through 3 wheels first. Ease into using a steering wheel and car tire first. This particular model uses the BMW 1600 engine, but can be had with a bunch of other engines like the Ninja 1400 or even a Harley.
t-rex-16s.jpg

t-rex-16s-1.jpg

t-rex-16s-11.jpg
You know how much these cost??

Pontiac Solstice two seat covert for me.

Last edited by a moderator: